Sour Cream Cake – Yummy For Tummy!
The sour cream cake is a cake that contains sour cream as one of its main ingredients. It is often flavored with chocolate, vanilla, or lemon. It is moist and dense, and it has a rich flavor. It is usually decorated with frosting, and it can be served as a snack cake or a dessert cake.
Sour Cream Cake – Ready For A Mouthwatering Recipe?
It is traditionally eaten on special occasions such as weddings, birthdays, and anniversaries. The rich and creamy flavor of the cake is said to symbolize happiness and love, making it the perfect dessert to celebrate a special moment.
So why do people eat sour cream cake? The answer is easy: because it tastes amazing! The combination of rich sour cream and moist cake is simply irresistible. So next time you have a special occasion, be sure to enjoy a slice (or two) of this cake.
Sour cream cake
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat cooker to 375 degrees F (190 degrees Celsius). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Filter concurrently the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a big bowl, cream together the butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy white. Beat in the eggs one at a period, then fuss in the vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing just until blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake it at the temperature of 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Cool cake before serving.
- Amount Per ServingCalories210
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 40mg 14%
- Sodium 170mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Is Sour Cream Cake Healthy?
The health benefits are often debated. Some people believe that it is a healthier alternative to other cakes because it contains sour cream, which is a dairy product. Dairy items are a good reference for calcium and other nutrients. However, this cake also contains sugar and fat.
The answer to the above question is not clear. It depends on your overall diet and health goals. If you are trying to eat a healthy diet, you may want to limit your intake of cake. However, if you are not concerned about your weight or health, you can enjoy a sour cream cake in moderation. Reduced-fat sour cream has an equal nutrient profile, but with irregular calories and about 38% less fat. Meanwhile, fat-free sour cream is produced with skim milk and additives like nutrition starch and gums so that it contains a creamy texture.
Its absence of fat reduces calorie count by about 60% corresponding to normal, although it may contain barely more carbs depending on the brand. Because sour cream is mainly a topping, it is generally not consumed in the exact volume of other dairy products like yogurt or milk.
And because other dairy products are made with all of the components of milk, not just cream they provide significantly more protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals than regular sour cream.
How Do I Store It?
The key to storing this cake is to keep it moist. Some of the methods are as follows:
- Fold the cake in a plastic wrapper or aluminum foil paper
- Place the cake in an airtight container and store cake in the refrigerator
Also Read:- Chocolate Caramel Pie Recipe