Ube Cheesecake Recipe With Coconut Cookie Crust – Fluffy And Delicious!
It is also known as purple yam cheesecake, Ube cheesecake belongs to Filipino cuisine. Purple in color, the cheesecake is prepared using a base of crushed graham crackers with a top layer of cream cheese and ube halaya.
The ube halaya is made with mashed purple yam, milk, butter, and sugar. As per your choice, the ube cheesecake can be baked or simply refrigerated.
What Is Ube Cheesecake?
If you are a diehard fan of cheesecakes, then the Ube cheesecake would be the best choice. Be it Christmas, New Year, or any other festival, you can serve the yummy Ube cheesecake.
Both elders and kids at your home would equally love to take a bite of this mouthwatering cheesecake.
Here we present an Ube cheesecake recipe that you would find irresistible to try out. The best part is that it comes with a coconut cookie crust and creamy coconut whipped cream as a topping.
Ube Cheesecake Recipe
Coconut Cookie Crust
- 1 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup Sweetened shredded coconut
- 6 tbsp Unsalted butter (melted and slightly cooled
- A pinch of salt
Ube Cheesecake Filling
- 2 8-oz Block cream cheese (room temperature)
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 5 oz Ube jam ( room temperature)
- ¾ cup Sour cream ( room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp Ube extract
- 3 pcs Large eggs (room temperature)
Coconut whipped cream
- 1 14-oz can Coconut cream (chilled)
- 2 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
To prepare coconut whipped cream
- Take the coconut cream can and chill it overnight. The next day, open it and take out the solid parts. Add sugar and vanilla extract to it. Beat the mixture until it becomes stiff.
To prepare the Ube cheesecake
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 325F. Line your 9-inch springform pan’s bottom with parchment paper and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients of coconut cookie crust in a medium bowl and stir until it becomes evenly moist
- Shift it into your prepared pan and pack it tightly to the bottom using the outward part of a spoon or measuring cup. Set aside.
- For 2-3 minutes, beat the cream cheese on medium or high speed until it becomes fluffy. For beating, use a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer that comes fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add half a cup of sugar and keep beating for 2 more minutes
- Add 5 oz be jam and ¾ cup of sour cream to the mixture. Beat until it becomes smooth and incorporated. If there are any chunks of ube jam left, break them apart.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 3 tsp ube extract to it. Stir until it is well combined. Don’t miss to scrape the bottom and sides of your bowl so that you get even the last inch of batter.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Now tap gently on your counter. Keep the pan on the middle rack of your oven. On the bottom rack, keep a roasting pan filled with hot water.
- For 30 minutes, bake at a temperature of 325F. Post that reduce the oven temperature to 300F and bake for 30 minutes more or until it becomes set.
- Now turn off the oven. Open the oven door a bit, but let the cheesecake remain inside for 1 more hour so that it can gradually cool.
- Take the cheesecake out of your oven. Separate the cake from the pan by running a sharp, thin knife around its edges. However, let the cake remain in the pan. Keep it inside the fridge to chill for 6-8 hours overnight.
- When you are all set to serve, prepare the coconut whipped cream.
- Before serving your cheesecake, top with a dollop of coconut whipped cream.
- The last step is to sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Amount Per ServingCalories277
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 35g 175%
- Sodium 138mg 6%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 1g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Do I Store Ube Cheesecake?
If there is any leftover of your uber cheesecake, keep it in an airtight container and store it inside the refrigerator. Storing it in an airtight container will protect your cheesecake from absorbing any fridge odors.
How long does Ube Cheesecake last?
USDA recommends that prepared cheesecake can be stored inside the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
All set to try out the Ube Cheesecake easy recipe? It is so delicious that once you taste the Ube Cheesecake, you will feel like making it again and again.
Also Read:- Nutella Mug Cake Recipe – Super Chocolate Cake!