Chocolate Caramel Pie Recipe – It’s Damn Tasty!
Do you love to eat delicious Chocolate Caramel Pie? You might have come across numerous caramel pie recipes on the internet. Here we present an easy-to-make, Chocolate Caramel Pie recipe. With bittersweet chocolate in the crust, you would find the dessert quite tempting.
What Is Caramel Pie?
The topping is made of a dark and intense foil of creamy caramel with toasted pecans adding to its yumminess. Be it any function at your home, or festivals such as Christmas or Easter, the Chocolate Caramel Pie would be the perfect dish to serve. Both adults and kids would love to taste this mouthwatering dessert.
Caramel Pie Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups (150g) All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (43g) Dutch-process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (57g) sugar
- 10 tablespoons (141g) Unsalted butter, that is cold, cut into pats
- 5 tablespoons (71g) Ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Caramel pie filling
- 1 3/4 cups (496g) Caramel, from a block*
- 1/2 cup (113g) Heavy cream
- 1 cup (170g) White chocolate, chopped
- *As an alternative, you can also use 2 cups of caramel candies
- 1 cup (170g) Bittersweet chocolate wafers, chopped
- 1/2 cup (113g) Heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (39g) Light corn syrup or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (57g) Pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 400°F. On a 9" pie pan, grease lightly.
- Mix together the cocoa, flour, salt, and confectioners’ sugar. Add the butter to the dry ingredients. Let some portion of the butter remain in pea-sized lumps.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water and vanilla to it. Keep mixing until the dough is well combined. As and when needed, add more water.
- Make sure that the dough is cohesive, but not sticky. Wrap the dough and chill it for 20 minutes.
- Post chilling, roll the dough. Let it be the size of a 13" circle and keep it in the prepared pan.
- Make sure that you trim and flute the edges. Using foil or parchment, line the pan and fill with pie weights.Bake for 15 minutes. Take out the pie from your oven and remove the pie weights and lining.
- Now, you have to return to the oven for 15 more minutes, till it becomes set and you can smell the chocolate. Take it out of the oven and set it aside for cooling.
How to make the caramel pie filling?
- Melt the caramel together with the heavy cream and white chocolate in low heat. As an alternative, you can also microwave in 40-second bursts. Stir till the time it becomes smooth. Pour into the crust and refrigerate for an hour so that it becomes set.
How to make the topping?
- Melt the chocolate along with the cream and corn syrup in a low heat. Another option is to microwave and stir until it becomes smootd.
- Take the pie out of your refrigerator and spread the topping above the layer of caramel. Before the chocolate turns out to be set, sprinkle with the toasted pecans.
- Chill the pie till the time it is ready to serve. Please note that you can slice it better when it is cold.
- Cover the dessert and store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can freeze it and use it for up to 3 months.
- Amount Per ServingCalories471
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 52mg 18%
- Sodium 117mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Do I Store Caramel Pie?
Before storing, cover the chocolate caramel pie well. Keep it inside the refrigerator for up to a week.
How Long Does Caramel Pie Last?
If you freeze it, you can use the Chocolate Caramel Pie for up to 3 months.
Hope you enjoyed reading the Chocolate Caramel Pie recipe. Now there is absolutely no need to check out for a yummy dessert to serve your guests.
Irrespective of age, everyone would love the delicious Chocolate Caramel Pie for its irresistible taste and will keep asking for more. Using the above ingredients, you will get a yield of one 9″ pie.
With a serving slice of 1/16 of the pie, you can serve the dessert to 16 people. The main problem with many of the recipes is that they will be quite tedious to prepare.
With a preparation time of 25 minutes and a baking time of 15 to 18 minutes, all it takes is just 2 hours to prepare this yummy dessert. Wish you all the best in your first attempt at baking the delicious chocolate caramel pie.
Also Read:- Raspberry Fruit Leather Recipe: A Delicious Snack!