Are you a diehard fan of pound cake? You might restrict yourself from eating the tasty flourless pound cake due to concerns about gaining weight.
Flourless Pound Cake: Easy Steps To Make!
Just imagine a flourless pound cake recipe with no overdose of butter, white flour, and sugar.
Here you go. A flourless version of your favorite cake that boosts overall nutrition. Each slice, it comes with 6 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber. The best part of this flourless pound cake is that you won’t put on weight. Let’s get into the details of how to prepare an easy flourless pound cake.
Flourless Pound Cake: It’s Yummy!!
- 1 Oven
- 1 Loaf Pan
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Hand mixer or a high-speed blender
- 1.5 cups Blanched almond flour
- ½ cup Arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 ¼ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ cup Honey
- 4 tablespoons Butter melted at room temperature
- ½ cup Reduced-fat cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Lemon juice extracted from 2 lemons
- 1.5 teaspoon Lemon zest peeled from 1 lemon
- 4 Large eggs, at room temperature
- Nonstick spray
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 325°F. Apply the non-stick oil spray on a 1 ½-pound (oversized) loaf pan. Now line the pan lengthwise with parchment paper. Make sure that you leave around an overhang of 2 inches. This will make it easier while removing cake from the pan after baking.NOTE- If you don’t have a 1 ½-pound loaf pan at home, you can prepare the cake on a standard 1-pound loaf pan using the following method.Fill ¾ of the pan with batter so that it doesn’t spill over in the oven. The next step is to pour the remaining batter into 1-2 muffin tins. Using this method, the cook time can be reduced. However, always keep a close eye on both the loaf and minis.
- Stir the blanched almond flour, baking soda, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and kosher salt in a large mixing bowl. Make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well so that big clumps of almond flour are broken up.
- Mix the honey, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, vanilla extract and zest in a medium-sized bowl. With a hand mixer, stir these ingredients thoroughly so that there are no cream cheese lumps left. As an alternative, you can also process these ingredients in a high-speed blender for around 30 seconds. Using your hands, beat the eggs, one at a time. Make sure that it is not over mixed.
- Now mix both the wet ingredients and the dry ingredients. Stir it really well so that it takes the form of a fluffy batter. Now pour this batter into the loaf pan and bake on a low rack for an hour or till the time a toothpick put inside the centr of the loaf pan comes out clean, covering with foil post the first 40 minutes if the top part turns out to be too dark.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Now carefully remove the cake and shift it to a serving dish. Before slicing and serving, let the cake remain there for 15 more minutes.
How To Store Your Flourless Pound Cake?
1. When your cake is kept at room temperature, wrap it well with plastic wrap. Make sure that you store the cake in an airtight container. In this condition, use the cake within a week.
2. The next option is to wrap the cake in plastic wrap, foil it and then store it inside the freezer. If you are adopting this method, the cake will be suitable for use for up to 3 months.
No more gaining weight or long hours of baking. It’s time to bid goodbye to the traditional pound cake. With this flourless pound cake recipe, there is absolutely no need to visit a cake shop. All you have to do is just follow the step-by-step instructions and you can effortlessly prepare the flourless pound cake.
Also Read: Chocoflan Impossible Cake