Who doesn’t like those warm, and delectable chocolate chip cookies? They look yummy, taste like heaven, and leave you with a good palette. These cookies are tasty but come with oodles of calories! In this generation living a healthy lifestyle, we often have to stop indulging in such delicious desserts.
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies – In Just 5 Minutes, You’ll Be Done!
If social media trends are to be believed, now you can bake chocolate chip cookies in an air fryer as well!
This method saves your daily calorie intake and helps you bake them in small batches. Whenever you are craving some freshly-baked cookies but don’t want to create them in bulk, you can always switch to an air fryer method.
Can I Bake Chocolate Chip Cookies In An Air Fryer?
An air fryer seems like a magical thing. On days when you want only a few desserts, an air fryer can always come in handy. It doesn’t take up a lot of time for preheating and speeds up the baking process.
This makes an air fryer an efficient choice over the traditional oven. Not only it is a time-saving solution but it gives the same crispy, golden texture. You will have to wait only five minutes while using the air fryer.
Are Air-fried Cookies Better Than Air Fryers?
As we learned above, preparing cookies in an air fryer is much faster. It results in consistent texture and flavour, making the method a much-appreciated choice for every home baker. Some people have also claimed that the flavour of an air-fried cookie is much better than the an oven-baked one.
The only thing that you have to remember during the process is that avoid baking cookies that have toppings as those can stick to each other. But we are talking about our favourite chocolate chip cookies, this problem is not going to trouble you!
Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 0.5 Cup Butter: Melted butter is required to give a soft and rich texture to the cookies. It also adds a nice flavour to your dessert.
- 0.25 Cup Granulated Sugar: Sugar aerates the dough through its creaming process. It also helps in creating soft crumbs that give a crunchiness as you take a bite.
- 0.5 Cup Light Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds a unique sweetness to your chocolate chip cookies. It also makes them gooey and soft.
- 1 Egg: Egg is important to enhance the volume and thickness of the cookies. The white portion is especially used to whip the batter.
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract: It adds an aroma and sweetness to the cookies. Vanilla is also used to enhance the flavours of other ingredients.
- 0.5 tsp Salt: It improves the dough texture, cuts through the excess sweetness, and stabilises yeast fermentation.
- 0.5 tsp Baking Soda: Baking soda helps in turning the dough fluffy and light. It helps the cookies rise effectively.
- 1.5 Cup All-purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is used to bind the batter and give it the consistency that’s required for baking.
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips: They add a rich flavour and crunchiness to the cookies.
- Preheat the air fryer and line it with parchment paper and aluminiu foil.
- Stir sugars and butter in a bowl until combined.
- Add salt, vanilla, egg, and baking soda to the mixture.
- Add flour and mix well. Fill the batter with chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop and drop scallops onto the sheet for baking.
- Cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes.
Tips to Bake Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking cookies in an air fryer is a simple process but here are some tips that you should keep in mind –
- Instead of using parchment paper with holes only, it is better to layer it with aluminium foil. This prevents the choice of the mixture from dripping through anywhere.
- The ideal temperature for baking cookies in an air fryer is 148 °C. This will keep the top from burning and give you that perfectly crispy texture. (You can always adjust it, depending on the situation).
- Always spray the basket with cooking spray before baking to prevent sticking.
- Give five minutes to the cookies to cool down. This will bring them back to their original colour and give you a satisfying feeling.
- Since air fryers come in different styles and sizes, the exact time can be uncertain. It is always good to try and test for yourself.
Serving And Storing
Serve: Give the cookies 5 minutes to cook down before you shift them from the air fryer basket to the serving tray. Once they are cool enough, you can gulp them and serve your friends and family!
Storage: Store for up to 3 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
Read More:- White Chocolate Chips Cookies