This strawberry shortcake ice cream cake is quite delicious and you would relish the yummy bits of strawberry crunch crumbles on top. To add on, the extra strawberry flavor is filled into each piece by making use of freeze-dried strawberries in two different ways. As the first step, they are combined with the strawberry ice cream layer. It is followed by crushing the freeze-dried strawberries along with butter cookies producing the strawberry crunch crumble sprinkled on top of the cake.
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Cake – Complete Vegan!
The best part of it is that you can prepare it in advance and store it in the freezer.
Hence, it is the perfect dessert for entertaining your guests during the hot summer months. Whenever you wish, you can slice and serve this ice cream. Both kids and elders would love to eat this cool, creamy, and crunchy ice cream.
Before getting into the ingredients of the Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream recipe, first, let’s find out the process behind preparing the freeze-dried strawberry.
What Are Freeze-Dried Strawberries?
The process of freeze drying starts with freezing the strawberries. Then they are placed in a vacuum under very low pressure.
Though the water content of the fruit comes down, nothing happens to the structure. Freeze-dried strawberries are packed with Vitamin C and dietary fiber.
As a result of the drying process, it concentrates the freeze-dried strawberries’ sugar dramatically.
The final version will be a sweet strawberry treat that is rich in delicious berry flavor.
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream- Easy And Yummy!
For The Crust And Filling
- 30 nos Crisp butter cookies
- 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) Melted unsalted butter
- 3 cups Softened vanilla ice cream
- 5 cups Softened strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup Freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 (8-ounce) carton Frozen whipped topping, thawed
For The Strawberry Crunch Crumble
- 15 nos Crisp butter cookies
- ¾ cup Freeze-dried strawberries
- Arrange all the ingrediants
- Line a baking pan of 9×9 inch size using non-stick foil. While doing, make sure that 3 inches of the foil project outside on opposite sides of the pan. Keep it aside
- Process 30 of the butter cookies in a food processor until they are finely powdered.
- In amedium bowl,mix the cookie crumbs with melted butter
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan kept aside. Keep in the freezer for about 15 minutes so that it becomes set.
- Spread the softened vanilla ice cream on the top of the mixture. Cover and freeze until it becomes firm. It takes around 1 hour.
- In a large-sized bowl, mix the softened strawberry ice cream with the freeze-dried strawberries.
- Now spread the strawberry mixture on top of the frozen vanilla layer. Cover and freeze until it becomes set. It will take close to an hour.
- Spread the thawed whipped topping on the upper layer.
- The next step is to prepare the strawberry crunch to crumble. Keep the remaining 15 butter cookies and ¾ cup of freeze-dried strawberries inside a big zip-top bag. Using a rolling pin, crush it coarsely.
- Spread the strawberry crunch crumble above the whipped topping. Cover and freeze it till the time the whole cake becomes firm. Continue freezing overnight or at least for 4 to 6 hours.
- Take the cake out of the freezer 10 minutes before you serve. For lifting the cake from the pan, make use of the non-stick foil handles. Remove the foil and cut the cake into square pieces for serving. To slice it easily, run a sharp knife under warm water before you cut each time.
- Amount Per ServingCalories657
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 33mg 11%
- Sodium 298mg 13%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 6g 12%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Do I Store This Strawberry Ice Cream?
cut it into separate pieces. With plastic wrap, wrap them and keep them inside an airtight container or resealable freezer bags. To remember easily, note down the name and date on the label.
How Long Does It Last?
For best use, it is recommended to serve the Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream within 1 to 2 months of storing inside the airtight container or resealable freezer bags.
Just cannot wait to try out the Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream recipe. With the ingredients mentioned above, you can make 16 slices of yummy cake.
It is pretty easy to make and the mouthwatering taste will definitely make your guests ask for more.
Also Read:- Raspberry Fruit Leather Recipe