Chocolate bread, the name is enough to make most of us drown in the desire to eat it. Chocolate bread is a delicious quick bread that is easy to make. They are super rich in chocolate and can make a person feel better solely with one bite.
Chocolate Bread – It’s Damn Tasty!
There is no particular occasion for them to eat. You can have them anywhere anytime when you crave some chocolatey bread. You can also give it to friends and neighbors when they are sick or as a thank you or have just had a baby or any happy moment.
Quick bread is a kind of bread that does not require yeast to become fluffy. Instead of yeast, baking soda or baking powder can be used to lift it. It contains cocoa powder and chocolate chips giving it a chocolaty flavor.
An advantage of using baking powder or baking soda is that they can be prepared quickly.
- 1 and 1/4 cup of plain flour or all-purpose flour
- half cup of cocoa powder
- one teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- half cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup of caster sugar or granulated sugar
- half cup of unsalted butter
- one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- two large eggs
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- The very first step is to preheat the oven to 350 F. After the preheating, collect all the ingredients.
- Now, whip the butter and the sugar together. Take a large bowl and add butter (room temperature) and sugar to the vessel. Whisk the two with the help of any mixer for 15 to 20 seconds.
- The following step is to add two large eggs to the container. Mix them perfectly and scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Now, add the buttermilk to the mixture. After this, stop using the mixer and only use a spatula to mix the ingredients. This is so that you do not over-mix the batter.
- The next step after adding buttermilk is to fold and combine it with the spatula.
- The next turn is of dry ingredients. Keep the bowl of the prepared batter ready near you, and add all the dry ingredients into a sifter. After this, shift them into the bowl.
- Start mixing and stirring the mixture together until you get a soft and smooth quick bread batter.
- All you have to do now is pour the batter into a 5×9 bread pan after greasing the bottom of the pan with cooking spray first. Smooth and level the bread batter to get a flat top of your chocolate bread at the end.
- rest it 60 minutes for bake in oven.
- Check it after 55 minutes with a toothpick to see whether it is baked or not. If the toothpick comes out clean after you insert it in the center of the bread, it is ready. But if the toothpick does not come out clean, let it bake for another five minutes.
- Wait for another 15 minutes to cool them down before removing them from the pan. Now, you can put it on the wire rack to cool completely.
- Amount Per ServingCalories173
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 17mg 6%
- Sodium 63mg 3%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2.1g 5%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Is Chocolate Bread Easy To Make?
Yes, making it easy. The chocolate bread recipe is one of the best for learners interested in baking. There is no difficulty in making these. The only thing to keep in mind is to wear gloves while taking them out of the oven.
How Do I Store It?
You only have to wrap the chocolate bread loaf with a plastic or aluminum cover and keep it in an airtight container. Keeping it in an airtight container will keep it moister because of less air.
How Long Does It Last?
The chocolate bread loaf will last for three days at room temperature, packed in an airtight container.
However, to enjoy it for a longer time, keep it in the freezer in an airtight container. Your yummy bread will last for three months.
It is advised to use the middle rack of the oven to get the perfect results. That is because the air circulates the best in the middle of the oven. And also because heat is equally distributed and the top and bottom of your baked items are safe from burning.
Now, you know all about delicious and chocolatey bread, so what are you waiting for? Go, make some for yourself and your loved ones.
Happy baking! Enjoy!
Also Read:- Strawberry Cobbler