Raspberry fruit leather is an easy-to-make, vitamin-rich snack. It is a healthy snacking delight that you can eat around the year. Believe it or not, with just 3 ingredients, you can prepare the Raspberry fruit leather.
What Is Raspberry Fruit Leather?
It is a delicious snack loved by both children and the elderly alike. Raspberry fruit leather best fits as a snack for lunch boxes or you can even pack it into your bags while hitting the trails. The appealing dish with the beautiful red hue even makes it a perfect gifting choice on major holidays.
Is Raspberry Fruit Leather a healthy snack to eat?
The main ingredient in the recipe is raspberries. They are extremely healthy and a rich source of antioxidants such as ascorbic acid (popularly known as vitamin C), gallic acid, and quercetin. All these antioxidants are well known for their properties in preventing heart diseases and also diseases such as cancer.
To add on, raspberries come with a lot of nutrition. Potassium, a major content in raspberries is essential for the functioning of your heart and also effective to lower blood pressure. The omega-3 fatty acids present in the fruit also help prevent stroke and heart disease. Manganese, another important mineral in raspberries, contributes to healthy bone and skin. It also aids in regulating blood sugar.
You might be surprised to know that 1 cup of raspberries offers 8 grams of fiber, much higher than many other fruits. Fiber plays an integral role in lowering your blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol. The best part of foods rich in fiber is that they will help you feel full for a longer time.
Is it better to make fruit leather in a dehydrator?
It is an absolutely wrong notion that a Raspberry Fruit Leather recipe dehydrator is required to prepare the fruit leather. With the easy-to-make Raspberry Leather recipe shared here, all you need is a Raspberry Fruit Leather recipe oven to cook this delicious snack.
Raspberry Fruit Leather Recipe
- 1 pound Fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Fresh lemon juice
Now let’s check out the step-by-step instructions that you need to follow.
- Preheat your oven to a temperature of 170°F.
- Line two baking sheets (of size 17-by-12-inch) with silicone baking mats.
- Now keep the raspberries, lemon juice, and honey in a high-speed blender.
- Blend these ingredients until it becomes smooth.
- Now on the baking sheets, spread this mixture evenly.
- The next step is to bake for around 3 to 4 hours. Bake till the time the leather is not at all sticky to touch.
- Rotate the pans to 180 degrees. Make sure that you swap the levels halfway through.
- On top of the fruit leather, spread a sheet of parchment.
- Invert the leather. Now slowly peel off the mat.
- Cut the raspberry leather into multiple strips.
- Roll up the dish and store it in an airtight container.
- Amount Per ServingCalories31
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 4g 8%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How do I store Raspberry Fruit Leather?
To make sure that the raspberry fruit leather doesn’t lose its freshness, you can follow the below technique. Keep parchment paper in between the layers of the fruit leather. As discussed earlier, store the snack in an airtight container so that you can use it for a long.
Can fruit leather last for a long time?
The homemade fruit leather will not last for a long time. At room temperature, it will last for a maximum of 1 month. If you want to use the snack for up to a year, then keep the tightly wrapped rolls inside the freezer.
Hope you are quite excited to try out the yummy recipe. Though there are many recipes available on the internet, this one stands out due to the fact that it is pretty easy to prepare. Until you went through the recipe, you might have been under the misconception that without a dehydrator, it’s just not possible to make the Raspberry fruit leather. Not anymore. As you know, all you need is an oven here. Moreover, just by buying 3 ingredients now, you can prepare this tasty snack.
The health benefits offered by raspberries are another strong reason to try your hand at this dish. Moreover, your children will come for sure love to include this snack in their tiffin box. Wish you all the best in your first attempt at preparing the delicious Snack.