I am so excited to share my new recipe with you guys and I am sure you are going to try it and enjoy it. And the item is a peanut butter pumpkin recipe. The main attraction of these pumpkins is that it is simple and easy to prepare and don’t even need to bake. The peanut butter pumpkins are delicious desserts that are mainly served at Halloween parties, thanksgiving parties, or any other fun fall event. It is always the favorite of children and even elders love them.
Peanut Butter Pumpkins: Simple And Easy To Prepare?
This no-bake peanut butter pumpkin is a treat for the whole family and they are so delicious that they never last longer in your house. These tiny pumpkins are so cute in their looks too. If you make it once in your house there is no doubt you have to make it again as it is going to be everyone’s fan. As it is very easy to prepare you will not hesitate to make as per the requirements. Even you can make your children make pumpkins which they will enjoy doing.
If your like peanut butter, they will ask you to make it daily. These peanut butter pumpkins require very less ingredients and have very few steps to get prepared. Moreover, you just need 20 minutes to prepare it. So it is worth trying.
Peanut Butter Pumpkins: It’s just yummy!!
- 1 Beater
- 1 ½ cups Creamy peanut butter
- ½ cups Softened butter (melted)
- 1 package Confectioners’ sugar (sifted) (16 ounces)[or else you can use 3-4 cups of powdered sugar]
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- a few drops Red food coloring
- a few drops Yellow food coloring
- Green decorators (icing color) as required (also you can use chocolate chips instead)
- Before you start to make peanut butter pumpkin set all the measuring attributes, spoons, vessels, and parchment paper ready.
- Set all ingredients ready by measuring accurately and set aside.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Sieve the confectioner’s sugar or powdered sugar and set it aside.
- Pour the melted butter into a large bowl and add the peanut butter into it for mixing.
- Beat both the ingredients together until the mixture becomes creamy.
- At this point add two cups of powdered sugar or confectioners’ sugar and mix it. (Always remember to add the sugargradually in two batches to get the required consistency.)
- After mixing it well add the remaining sugar to the mixture and beat it until it reaches a dough-like consistency (the dough becomes nice and stiff and you feel like no more sugar can be added).
- At this point add the vanilla extract and mix well so that it is nicely combined.
- Now add a few drops of yellow and red food coloring and beat it again. Beat it until the dough becomes nice orange color. (note: don’t add food coloring in the beginning as it will make it difficult for you to know the final color of the pumpkin.)
- Now, roll out the dough into small balls in the shape of a small pumpkin. Make sure your pumpkins are tiny and all are of almost equal size.
- After rolling use a toothpick or the edge of a knife to make the ridges on the pumpkin.
- After rolling the dough completely, place them on a sheet of wax or parchment paper.
- Now make small stems using green decorators icing and place it on the top of each pumpkin as the stem.
- You can also use mini chocolate chips instead of green stems. Some people use small pieces of pretzel sticks as the stem of the pumpkin.
- Refrigerate the pumpkins for half an hour if desired, to make the pumpkins firm. There is a chance of the pumpkins becoming too soft and sloppier otherwise.
- Now serve them on plates that are lined with toasted coconut. The delicious peanut butter pumpkins are ready to eat.
Usually, there won’t be the need for storage of peanut butter pumpkins as will get over without even storing them. But in case you want to prepare it for an event some days before, you can store them in an air-tight container that is lined with a sheet of wax paper or parchment paper in order to prevent it from sticking. You can store it in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Not recommended to keep it at room temperature for more than one day as it becomes sticky and sloppier.