Americans are pudding lovers. Any flavor, texture, ingredients, any variety… we love them. Here is a sweet potato pudding recipe that you will really love.
Sweet Potato Rice Pudding: Feel Fresh And Energetic!
This highly nutritious and delicious recipe can be a wonderful option for breakfast or as a dessert. The dish can make you feel fresh and energetic. The flavor is special with sweet potato.
Most rice puddings cannot be considered as healthy as they are made with cream and artificial ingredients. Here, Sweet potato stands for cream and it is pure and healthy. We are all familiar with oatmeal puddings and we try them too. Preparation and enjoying this rice pudding can be a great experience.
Sweet Potato Rice Pudding- For Pudding Lovers!
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Medium Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Oven
- 2 large Sweet potatoes
- 5 Cups Sweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ Cup Dark brown sugar
- ⅓ Cup Ground cinnamon
- ½ Cup Ground nutmeg
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground allspice
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Cup Basmati rice
- Get ready the oven by preheating it to 450 degrees F.
- Cut each sweet potato into 4 equal pieces and cover them using a piece of foil.
- Use a baking sheet to bake the potatoes.
- See that you are baking the potatoes for 30 -35 minutes and make sure that they are properly cooked.
- At the same time, you can heat vanilla almond milk.
- Take a medium sized pot for heating the milk.
- Heat the milk to warm.
- Now, you can add brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, and vanilla extract to the milk.
- Stir and mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- See that the sugar is melted.
- Now you can add rice to the mix. See that the mixture is stirring to prevent sticking.
- Now, we have to boil the mixture.
- Boil then mix in the simmer mode. You should be very careful about burning.
- See if the pot is not covered and keep stirring.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes. See that the rice is cooked and tender. Turn the flame off once the rice is cooked.
- Now, the sweet potatoes will be ready to use. Remove them from the oven, and remove the foil. Smash it in a bowl.
- Now you can add the mashed potatoes to the mixture that is already ready. Mix them well. You can add vanilla almond milk to the mixture if the mixture is so tight or thick.
- Now keep the mix in the refrigerator for chilling. See that you are chilling it for 2 to 3 hours.
- You can use any of your favorite toppings in this recipe. Candied pecans are a wonderful option.
Serving & Storing Suggestions
- You can store sweet potato rice pudding in an airtight container for 3 days if you have refrigerated it.
- It cannot stay good at room temperature for more than 8 hours.
- If you are freezing them in an airtight container, the pudding will be safe for 1 month.
- Thaw the pudding in the refrigerator to sue after freezing.
Tips for you…
👉 Be careful while adding the milk as your mix may go watery. It will affect the consistency of your pudding.
👉 Almond milk can be substituted with soy milk.
👉 You can increase the quality of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla if you love the flavor.
👉 An overnight chilling will give the pudding a perfect texture.
Sweet potato rice pudding is a highly nutritious dessert. It has a lot of health benefits. Most of the ingredients used in the pudding are healthy. We are not adding any artificial cream to the pudding and it can be consumed by anyone. The pudding is vegan-free and rich in calories. A serving of sweet potato rice pudding will provide you with 225 calories, 5.6 grams of protein, 45.7 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fat, and 96.4 mg of sodium. This healthy recipe can be loved by every member of your family. Try it and have fun with your loved ones. You will feel great and proud.