Do you have an irresistible craving to eat those yummy boozy brownies? A strong coffee accompanied by this delicious dessert will captivate all brownie lovers, for sure. However, from now on, you don’t have to visit a nearby coffee shop to eat those boozy brownies.
Boozy Brownies It’s Simply Delicious!
Here we present a simple Boozy Brownies recipe that even beginners will find easy to prepare. It is so tempting that you will feel like trying out the recipe again and again.
In this recipe, we have used a store-bought brownie mix, bourbon whiskey, delicious rum cream, and chocolate glaze. You won’t believe the homemade boozy brownies look and taste just like gourmet brownies.
- 1 Cooking pan
- 1 Oven
- 1 Standing mixer or whisk
- 1 Small saucepan
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 Cooling rack
- 1 Double bath
- 19 to 21 ounces Brownie mix or brownies prepared using your favourite recipe
- ¼ cup Bourbon whiskey
For the icing
- 1 cup Unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons Rum
- 2 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoons Shortening
- Make sure that you have all the ingredients on the list.
- By following the instructions on the package, prepare and bake the brownies in a 9 x 9-inch pan. If you wish to have thinner brownies, then go for a 9 x 13 pan.
- Now take the baked brownies out of the oven. Immediately after you take the brownies out, cool them off for 10 minutes. (before you start the process of brushing them evenly with the bourbon). Place the pan of brownies on the cooling rack and keep both of them in your refrigerator.
- Using a standing mixer or a whisk, cream the butter with the rum and powdered sugar. Continue mixing until the sugar is fully dissolved into the butter mixture. Make sure that the texture is creamy without any lumps.
- Take the brownies out of your refrigerator. Now spread the rum icing evenly on the brownies that are cooled. Keep the brownie pan back in your refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate chips with the shortening in a double bath: keep a medium- sized pot with water on your stove, and bring it to a simmer. Pour the chocolate chips and shortening into a small saucepan and keep it on the top of the pot with hot water. Using a rubber spatula, mix it until the chips melt and they are blended well with the shortening.
Serving and storing suggestions
1. Now take the brownies out of your refrigerator. The next step is to drizzle the chocolate all over the upper layer of the brownies.
2. Keep them back in your refrigerator until it’s time to serve.
3. Once you are all set to serve, cut in squares and enjoy your lip-smacking boozy brownies.
- Though it is recommended to use bourbon and rum, you can switch it up and use whatever you prefer. Flavored liquors such as Chambord and Grand Marnier also would be quite delicious.
- Before you bake, add a quarter cup of roasted pecans to the brownie batter. Pecans make an amazing combination with bourbon. You can also use nuts such as cashews, almonds, pistachios, walnuts, or a mix of two or more of them.
- If you prefer an extra chocolate flavor, apply chocolate icing. In a standing mixer, cream 4 tablespoons of margarine, butter, or shortening with ⅓ cup of cocoa powder, 3 to 4 tablespoons of rum, and 1.5 cups of powdered sugar. Mix well until it is creamy and add half a teaspoon of vanilla extract just before the final whisk. Applying this icing on the top of your boozy brownies will make them yummier.
Hope you enjoyed every bit of the easy-to-make boozy brownies recipe. Even if you are new to cooking, you will enjoy baking the lip-smacking boozy brownies. Also, it takes less time when compared to other recipes. Apart from satiating your sweet cravings, these boozy brownies are the perfect snack to have, along with coffee.
Also Read: Peanut Butter Pumpkins: It’s Just Yummy!!