Oatmeal Raisin Cookies – Perfect For Everyday Baking Occasions!
Oatmeal raisin cookies are a flavour and delicious dessert, some love oats and others loathe them, yet these buttery and crunchy oatmeal raisin cookies are soul-pleasing even a hater might turn his thought.
The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe – Soft And Crunchy!
A perfect oatmeal cookie is big, baked crunchy outside and chewy inside. The cookie is made from oatmeal based though following a simple recipe along with other pantry ingredients. All ingredients are brought together and in no time within minutes, a freshly baked crunchy and super delicious oatmeal raisin cookie can be prepared. This delicious recipe is an amazing combination of tea and coffee.
What Are Oatmeal Raisin Cookies?
Oatmeal raisin cookies are considered a nutritious health food because of the high content of vitamins and fibre present in the oatmeal raisin cookie.
Oatmeal cookies originated in the united states, initially, they prepared a plain oatmeal cookie by mixing flour, sugar, oats, eggs and other spices. In the later ages to enhance the flavour of the cookie other ingredients were included such as infusing different nuts and berries into the cookie mix.
Chocolate chip cookie is highly popular all around the globe. The love for chocolate by people has influenced bakers to prepare creative recipes.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Flour– use 2 and ¼ tablespoons of all-purpose flour or unbleached floor
- Cinnamon – adding a required amount of cinnamon brings the aromatic flavour to the healthy snack
- Salt – salt is an evergreen agent required in food. In here, ¼ teaspoon of salt is added to balance out the sweet flavour and makes the oatmeal cookie scrumptious.
- Baking soda – ¼ teaspoon of baking soda is added to help the cookie dough levitate
- Butter – butter is used to mix the dough. 3 and ¼ tablespoon of soft butter is added to easier the mix and make user butter is kept in the room temperature.
- Brown sugar – either light and dark brown sugar can be used. Adding 3 cup and 1 table spoon of brown sugar can give an intense tad taste to the cookie
- White sugar – required amount of white sugar can also be used, white sugar in the cookie helps add more moisture to brown them beautifully.
- Egg – ½ egg
- Vanilla – ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence is added to bring out the classic vanilla taste in cookies.
- Honey – avital quantity of oozing and sweet flavour honey pairs beautifully with the oats an helps it hang onto the moisture.
- Oats – as the main ingredient of the cookie, 3/4 cup and 2 and 1/2 teaspoon rolled oats or old-fashioned oats are used. Rolled oat are chewy comparing with other fresh oats.
- Walnuts – 3 and 1/4 tablespoon of walnuts helps brings the crunchy texture to the cookie.
- Raisins – a freshly batch of 3 and ¼ tablespoon of raisin used. Raisins should be soft and chewy not hard.
- To prepare these yummy freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies, first grease a cookie sheet with butter and let it down.
- Take a bowl add all the wet ingredients butter, egg, milk, brown sugar and vanilla essence in it. Using an electrical beater at high spread, beat all the ingredients together
- Take another bowl and add all the dry ingredients flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and oats. Mix everything together nicely and well.
- Combine both the wet and dry ingredients slowly, blend until a the right texture comes up.
- Then add the raisins and nuts to the blended mixture, and mix it together
- Let it rest for not more than 30 minutes
- Then place the mixture in the form of round shaped in the greased cookie sheet, place them beautifully in the whole sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 – 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown in color.
- Take out the tray from the oven, and the fresh baked cookie is ready.
- Place the cookie in different plate along with honey to enhance the sweet flavour and serve with tea. Munch them as it warms your soul.
Which Oats Is Best For Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Oatmeal raisin cookie remains one of the healthiest and most nutritional snacks. It’s filled with full of fibres, vitamins, proteins and minerals.
These cookies not only have nutritional value they are equally flavourful and delicious. Preparing the best oatmeal cookie using rolled oats also known as old-fashioned, is taken to be the best oats used for this super delicious recipe.
Rolled oats bring the right texture to the snack. One can use other oats like quick oats but quack oats don’t provide the same chewy texture as the rolled oats bring to the quick healthy snack.
Tips For Making The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Using the best quality oats and raisins brings more texture and flavour to the cookie. Rolled are oats considered best for a chewy oatmeal raisin cookie.
- Mixing the dry ingredients together before mixing with the wet dough, makes sure that everything mixes together evenly.
- Adding of right amount of ingredients to the cookie dough is crucial, if one ingredient odds out in terms of the quantity then the whole recipe would be ruined.
- Cookie dough should be chilled for no longer than 30 minutes, if it’s longer the dough will absorb more moisture leading to drying out the dough.
- Make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature so that every ingredient mixes out evenly.
- Always preheat the oven to 180 degrees, for freshly baked and crunchy cookies.
- If in case leftover cookie dough remains, storing cookies always works out for a long time when one half is baked before storing in a freezer, using this method cookies can be stored in a safe bag for three months.
Common Baking Tips
- Measuring correctly – the basic and main ingredient of preparing cookies is flour, be sure to measure the flour correctly so that the texture comes out right
- Don’t over-mix the batter because flour contains gluten, which becomes elastic and firm the more it’s stirred, beat or knead it.
- Always remember to calibrate your baking oven, in some cases oven might be in the right set of heat the recipe is not going to turn right. It’s better to use an inexpensive thermometer to check the oven heat
- Using light-coloured pans will avoid burning the bottom of the cookie, black pans absorb more light causing it to burn
Should you soak raisins before baking cookies?
Soaked raisins are much plumper and nicer to mix in the batter also give a unique flavour than dry raisins
Why are my oatmeal raisin cookies so hard?
Over-mixing the batter can produce cookies to be hard because the gluten present in flour turns thicker when over-mixed.
Are oatmeal cookies healthier than chocolate chip cookies?
Comparing oatmeal cookies with chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal possesses more nutritional value and fewer calories compared to chocolate chip cookies
Can I use regular oats instead of quick oats in cookies?
Yes, regular oats bring more fine texture and chew inside the cookie and take more minutes to make and bake, whereas quick oats are breakdown into small particles which bake quicker than regular oats, and are prettier due to finer oat particles. But though they lack texture.
Also Read: White Chocolate Chips Cookies