Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies is the combination of some of the most popular ingredients that bakers love – brown, sugar, nutty brown butter, cinnamon, dark chocolate, and pecans.
You cannot resist yourself from Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies as they are the delish treat that even beginners can make.
Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies – Feel The Goodness Of Crunchy Pecans!
Everyone loves these cookies as it has the special flavor of brown sugar, brown butter, and cinnamon. The crazy flavor makes the cookie a special treat. The texture of Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies is unique. You can feel the goodness of crunchy pecans in each bite.
The center of the cookie is soft and the sides crispy if it well-prepared. The preparation and baking are also very easy.
Only cooling the dough will take time. Otherwise, all steps are easy. Try this recipe. You will be a satisfied and excited baker.
Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies
- 1 Pan
- 1 Oven
- ½ Cup Granulated sugar
- 1 Cup Packed brown sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 2 and ½ Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 and ½ Cups Chopped chocolate bars
- 1 Cup Roughly chopped pecans
- Get a medium-sized heat-proof bowl ready with you. We will be using it later.
- Segment the butter into small pieces and place in a light-colored fry pan or a large pot.
- We choose the light color as it helps you to understand the color change of the butter.
- Melt the butter over medium heat and stir repeatedly.
- You can see the butter foaming when it is melted. Continue stirring.
- You can notice the color of the butter changed into brown after 5 to 7 minutes.
- You can also see brown-colored spots at the bottom of the pan.
- You can feel the smell of nuts when the spots are formed.
- Remove the pan from heat once the butter is brown.
- Pour the butter into the bowl that is already ready.
- You can also include the spots or the specks formed at the bottom of the pan.
- Let the brown butter cool for 5 minutes.
- Longer duration for cooling may cause the thickening of butter and you will not get the expected texture for your cookies.
- Pour brown sugar and granulated sugar into the brown butter and mix it gently.
- Add the mix into the extract of eggs and vanilla. Beat it and put it aside.
- Now let us take another bowl to beat and mix the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Now is the time for chopped chocolate pecans.
- Add the chocolate pecans and mix them together with a large spatula.
- You will get a thick and sticky dough that is a bit crispy.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Dough that is refrigerated for more than 30 minutes must reach room temperature before baking. Or the dough will break easily.
- You can get the oven ready by preheating it to 350 degrees F.
- Now use baking paper to line the baking sheet or mat.
- Now you can make the dough balls ready. You can use approximately 1.5 Tbsp. dough for one cookie.
- Spread them on the cooking sheet. See that the cookies are 3 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes. You can bake till the sides are set.
- Remove from the oven and make the cookies cool for 5 minutes.
- They should cool completely before you shift them.
- You can keep the cookies at room temperature for one week.
Serving and storage suggestions
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies can be an evening snack.
- You can also serve it along with tea or coffee as it goes well with both.
- Most homemade cookies will maintain their taste and texture for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Cover the cookies in an airtight container or wrap them using plastic wrap to keep them away from becoming hard. You can also keep the cookies in the Pan. Cover the pan with foil or plastic wrap.
- If you freeze Dark Chocolate Pecan Cookies are safe for 10 days.