Easy Almond Cookies – Must Try Recipe!
Do you love to munch on almonds? Then it’s high time to try out the delicious, easy almond cookies recipe. The most attractive part of this recipe is that it is pretty easy to prepare. The easy almond cookies are best fit for various occasions at your home.
Easy Almond Cookies: Yummy And Delicious
Be it packing a snack for your kids’ lunch box or serving your guests at a party, you just cannot think of a better option. Both elders and kids alike would love to have this snack.
Unlike other oily junk foods, almond cookies are quite nutritious and serve the purpose of a filling snack. Last, but not least, it’s so yummy that you just cannot resist eating these cookies again and again.
What Are Almond Cookies?
To explain it in simple terms, almond cookies are nothing but cookies made of crushed almonds. The other ingredients include all-purpose flour, butter, white sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
With just a handful of ingredients, it takes very less time to prepare and is highly nutritious making it the best choice among snacks.
Easy Almond Cookies – Must Try Recipe!
- 2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Crushed almonds
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 7 tablespoon White sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Almond extract
- The first step is to preheat your oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, pour the all-purpose flour, butter, almonds, sugar, almond extract, and vanilla extract. The ingredients should be mixed until well blended.
- Roll the dough into the shape of walnut-sized balls. Keep them 2 inches apart on the ungreased baking sheets.
- The final step is to bake it in a preheated oven. Continue for 15 minutes until it turns golden brown.
|All-purpose flour||2 cups||All-purpose flour is made from hard red wheat or a mix of hard and soft wheat. It is commonly used for baking purposes and also for thickening gravies and sauces.|
|Crushed almonds||1 cup||Rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber, and protein, almonds provide several health benefits. It helps control cholesterol and blood sugar levels, reduces blood pressure, and boosts bone health.|
|Butter softened||1 cup||A dairy product, butter contains high levels of saturated fat. It is generally used in the preparation of cakes and cookies.|
|White sugar||7 tablespoons||White sugar is made using either cane sugar or beet sugar. It undergoes a refining process and reaches the final form.|
|Vanilla extract||½ teaspoon||Vanilla extract is made by macerating and percolating vanilla pods in a mix of ethanol and water. The primary flavor compound in vanilla is vanillin.|
|Almond extract||½ teaspoon||The almond extract comes in a concentrated liquid form and it is made using bitter almond oil, water, and alcohol. It has a strong flavor and is commonly used in baking.|
- Amount Per ServingCalories143
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 4g 20%
- Cholesterol 20mg 7%
- Sodium 55mg 3%
- Potassium 42mg 2%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2g 4%
- Calcium 14%
- Iron 1%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Tips For Making The Best Almond Cookies
A major problem faced while making almond cookies is that it falls apart easily and becomes crumbly. It generally happens due to a measuring error. Hence be careful while measuring the ingredients. Also, before removing the cookies from the baking sheet, allow it to cool completely.
There are also chances that your almond cookies may fall flat. This is because you didn’t set your oven to the right temperature. At both extremely hot and extremely cold oven temperatures, your cookies tend to fall during baking.
Common Tips For Baking
- Learn How To Measure – In the case of dry ingredients, use measuring cups or spoons that are specifically designed for them. If it is a liquid ingredient, use clear liquid measuring cups.
- Buy An Oven Thermometer – An oven thermometer is quite useful for measuring the temperature of food in your oven. Some need to be placed at the center of the oven whereas others hang from the racks or can be kept directly at the bottom of the oven.
- Keep The Oven Door Closed – Never make the mistake of opening and closing the oven door for testing the cake. This practice adversely affects the oven temperature. If you really want to check, use a toothpick and do it quickly.
Also Read:- Chocolate Wafer Cookies
If stored in an airtight container, these almond cookies will last for about 2 weeks.
1 serving of this almond cookie contains 143 calories.
Generally, it will be between 325-350 F. The reason is that when the temperature is above 300F, the process of caramelization (browning of sugars) and the Maillard reaction (browning of proteins) begins.