Peanut Butter Granola
So here’s the thing, peanut butter is sort of my new obsession. And by obsession, I mean OBSESSION.
I bought this two-pound jar of it like two weeks ago, and then when I tried to dig out a spoonful yesterday I found it empty. What? That’s a pound of peanut butter a week! I swear that’s not good for me, even with the healthy fats.
Peanut Butter Granola – An Easy And Fast Tricks For Peanut Butter Granola!
So anyway, I decided something needed to be done. And then I decided that “something being done” includes using the new jar of peanut butter I got to make a recipe thing so that instead of eating the peanut butter straight from the jar, I would eat it at least in a civilized way.
I gathered my ingredients, measured out some peanut butter, mixed everything together, and made some awesome Peanut Butter Granola. I put it in a jar, took some pictures, ate a handful or two, and then proceeded to dig my finger into the peanut butter jar and shove it into my mouth.
Well, so much for being civilized. At least the granola was good.
Peanut Butter GranolaDifficulty: Easy
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups puffed Kamut
1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter (if you don’t have salted, just add some salt)
2 tbsp chia seeds
1/3 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp peanut flour or PB2
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine oats and Kamut. Set aside. Place peanut butter in another bowl and microwave until drippy.
- Add chia seeds, applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, peanut flour/PB2, and milk. Mix together.
- Add wet ingredients mixture to oats and Kamut measured in a bowl, and mix. The mixture will be dry.
- Add water and mix again until all dry ingredients have been coated. Spread granola onto a lined baking sheet ad break it into clumps.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and toss, then bake another 10 minutes.
- Makes about 3 cups.
- This granola is not a sweet one. If you prefer to have sweet granola, add some honey or agave, and reduce the water accordingly.
Who else has a peanut butter obsession?