The homemade Honey Wheat Bread recipe is a super simple recipe that can be easily tried even though you are not a perfect baker. This wheat bread recipe is the right one if you are a beginner-level bread maker.
Homemade Honey Wheat Bread: Tooth-Friendly
A loaf of homemade bread is a healthy option other than the typical store-bought heavy one which is not sure about the ingredients used. This Honey Wheat Bread is very soft and spongy with a hint of sweetness. The golden buttery crust and the filled flavor will definitely be a special treat to your taste buds. This lightweight bread can definitely serve the best for your daily sandwiches and toast combo.
Making out this Homemade Honey Wheat Bread is so easy that there are no hard-to-find ingredients used. All the ingredients used in this Wheat Bread recipe can easily be found in your own kitchen space.
This moist, tooth-friendly bread loaf can be made for any occasion if you find some little space in your dining to occupy for something good that everyone loves. You can indeed serve for any age who just long to have some delicious warm bread slices to snack on.
Homemade Honey Wheat Bread
- 2 cups Warm milk (115-120 degrees Fahrenheit)
- ¼ cup Warm water (115-120 degrees Fahrenheit)
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 packages Baking Yeast
- 3 ¼ cups Whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Melted butter
- 2 ¼ cups Bread flour
- Take a large enough bowl. Using a dry cloth, clean the bowl to wipe out any water content present inside the bowl. Add and combine warm milk, honey, and warm water using a hand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over this liquid mixture and let it sit for a minimum of 5 minutes until it gets foamy.
- Into the bowl, add the whole wheat flour. Using the beater blade, mix the whole wheat flour into the liquids until the flour gets moistened. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Add bread flour, salt, and butter. Take the stand mixer attached to the dough hook and give a rough beat to the dough for 10 minutes. (If you are not having a stand mixer, you can knead the dough by your hand).
- Take a large bowl and grease it with butter or oil. Once well greased, place the dough in the bowl. Use a clean cloth to cover the whole dough and place the bowl with the covered dough in a warm place. Let it sit there for some time until the dough rises up and becomes double the volume.
- Take two 8×4" bread pans and grease them using butter or oil. Shape the dough into two loaves and place them in the greased pans. Cover the pans and place them in a warm place. Let it sit there for another 20 minutes until they rise up.
- Once done, bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After baking, brush the top of the warm loaves with butter to soften the crust.
- Allow the bread to cool completely.
- Once cooled to room temperature, you can now cut it into whatever size you want.
- Your Homemade Honey Wheat Bread is now ready to serve.
- Amount Per ServingCalories154
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat 1g 5%
- Cholesterol 5mg 2%
- Sodium 370mg 16%
- Potassium 119mg 4%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 5g 10%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How do I store Homemade Honey Wheat Bread?
As there are no preservatives included in this Wheat Bread recipe, this Homemade Honey Wheat Bread will not last long as store-bought bread. You can store the homemade bread loaf in an airtight container for 4 – 5 days. Double check that the bread is completely cooled before shifting it into a sealed container. If it’s not fully cooled, moisture may form inside the container that will quickly make the bread mold.
You can also freeze the Homemade Honey Wheat Bread and use it later. To freeze the homemade bread, cover the bread loaf in plastic wrap and foil it completely. In a freezer-safe bag, you can keep this wrapped loaf in the freezer for up to 3 months. Before you use the frozen loaf, defrost it overnight and use it within five days.
How do I serve Honey Wheat Bread?
Serving Homemade Honey Wheat Bread can be done quite based on your choices and preferences. You can of course serve this soft bread as it is with jam or peanut butter. The sliced bread can even be used in veg or non-veg sandwich. The choice is yours!