These are the fluffiest fat free donuts you will ever try. I can promise you that.
Sometimes fat free baked goods are known for being gummy and dense. No one wants to eat something like that. It’s like eating a brick!
Today I’m proving once and for all that fat free does not mean gummy. When done right, a fat free donut can be even better than a normal one. It sounds crazy, but it’s true. Proof = these donuts.
I swear these Chocolate Donuts are just as good, if not better, than anything you can pick up at the chain store down the street. They’re light, they’re fluffy, and they’re completely delicious, all without one little teaspoon of butter, oil, or margarine.
I don’t follow a low fat diet, but I find it pretty incredible.
And these guys are super easy too. You need two bowls, a spatula, a donut pan and that’s all. No frying required! In fact, you don’t really need a donut pan at all. A muffin tin will work just fine.
Oh, and one more quick thing. I decided to be nice this time and not throw in any weirdo ingredients. That means no beans, no cauliflower, and no tofu. You may already have everything you need to make these in the house.
I’m honestly not sure why you’re still reading this. Skip right in down to the recipe folks, if you’ve got any common sense at all.
Fluffy Chocolate Donuts
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup honey (if you like things extra sweet, feel free to ude a bit more and reduce milk accordingly)
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 Tbs. ground flaxseed
- ½ Tbs. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup spelt flour
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl mix together all the wet ingredients.
- In another larger bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Scoop donuts into a greased donut pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 18 mini-donuts, but number will vary depending on the size of your pan.
Revisited Recipe of the Day:
Apple Cinnamon Bread