Here is a vegan delicacy that is sweet. These Cadbury-tasting rich crème eggs are best used during Easter time. Vegan crème eggs are the favorite delicious vegan-friendly desserts. Vegan Creme Eggs are the best opportunity to try your creativity. You can decorate the eggs in different ways, just like you decorate your Easter eggs.
Vegan Creme Eggs is comparatively an easy dessert. It needs only a few ingredients to prepare. You can see yummy egg white and yolk inside the egg. Both are creamy, sugary, and thick. These eggs are perfect for Easter. The eggless, dairy-free, and gluten-free ingredients make the title vegan simply suitable. Believe me, these eggs can be a wonderful substitute for the ones that you buy!!!
Vegan Creme Eggs- Chocolate Eggs
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Silicon Mold
- 1 ½ cup Diary-free chocolate chips
- 3 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon non-dairy milk/ plant milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil. Melt by gently stirring. It is recommended to melt it using the heat of boiling water. If you are melting using a microwave, chose a really low temperature and keep stirring every 2 seconds. The chocolate may burn fat in a microwave.
- Stop when the chocolate is in liquid form.
- Now you can apply the chocolate liquid to each mold. See that you spreading it properly on all sides. This liquid chocolate is going to be the egg shell. So, see that the shell has enough thickness.
- Now, allow the remaining chocolate to set in the bowl.
- The coated molds can be moved to a baking sheet. Freeze it for a few minutes.
- Take another medium bowl and mix powdered sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the milk drop and stir properly. Continue till the mix is a tight and thick paste. The egg white is ready.
- Pour one-third of the mix into another bowl and add turmeric for egg yolk. Mix the turmeric properly.
- You can take the chocolate out of the freezer now.
- Now add the white mix for egg white and the yellow mix for egg yolk. See that both are in the correct proportion.
- Cover the yellow part with a bit of white again.
- Place the eggs in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- The filling fill is firm now.
- Now take it out from the freezer and cover it with a chocolate shell.
- Keep them back in the freezer and allow them to set.
- You can take the eggs out of the fridge and take them out from the silicon mold.
- Your Vegan Creme Eggs are ready.
- If you don’t like the turmeric flavor replace it with edible food color.
- Silicon molds are easier to handle than plastic molds as they are rigid.
- If you don’t have egg-shaped molds, you can try other shapes too. An ice cube tray can be the best substitution.
- Freezing your molds throughout the night helps the chocolate layer to set fast.
- If you are struggling to fill the eggs, try piping bags. You can avoid the mess.
- If the chocolate layer doesn’t have the expected consistency, try two layers.
Serving & Storing Suggestions
Vegan Creme Eggs are best used during festival seasons. For the easy handling of festival days, you can prepare the eggs and store them. Here are a few tips for serving and storing the Vegan Creme eggs.
- The cream cannot be stored at room temperature.
- Keep them in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- You can use the fresh vegan eggs for 10 days.
- If frozen, the Creme Eggs are safe for 3 months.
- The filling will not get a solid texture even after freezing. It will be a bit stiffer.
- It is ok if you eat them cool. No need to bring it back to room temperature.
No other dessert can defeat Vegan Creme Eggs in its nutritional value. It is rich with 169 calories, and 25 grams of protein per 1 creme egg. It also contains saturated fat, sodium, potassium, and iron. The presence of vitamin C and calcium makes it advisable for children.
Also, Read: Salara – Sweet Red Bread