Vegan Amaretti Cookies are one of the best snacking options taken from the Italian delicacy. It is made up of vegan amaretti. The crunchy outside moist inside texture and the special flavors made it a unique snack.
Vegan Amaretti Cookies – An Easy Recipe To be Tried At Home!
These cookies are always best chosen for Christmas parties and special gatherings. Vegan Amaretti Cookies are made up of almond flour, sugar, and whipped aquafaba. The ingredients are 100% vegan friendly.
Aquafaba is a perfect substitution for egg whites. It works for the Vegan Amaretti Cookies. Amaretti is a gluten-free substitute for whole-purpose flour. It is made up of ground almonds. The absence of whole-purpose flour made the cookies different in texture but really enjoyable.
Vegan Amaretti CookiesCourse: Dessert, SnacksCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Aquafaba – 2 tbsp.
Almond flour -2 cups
Baking powder – ½ tsp.
Caster sugar – 125 g / ½ cup + 2 tbsp.
Lemon juice – ½ tsp.
Vanilla extract – ½ tsp.
Almond extract – ½ tsp.
Amaretto liqueur – 1 tbsp.
- Get the oven ready by preheating it to 350degree F.
- Get a baking tray (large) ready with a baking paper spread on it.
- Take a large mixing bowl. Now you can mix all the primary ingredients.
- Mix the ground almonds, sugar, and baking powder.
- Get a clean bowl to mix Amaretto and lemon juice.
- See that the bowl is clean. Any impurity may stop aquafaba from attaining firm peaks.
- Use an electric mixer to beat aquafaba to form firm peaks.
- The mixture should be very tight. Even if you hold the bowl upside down, the mixture should not spill.
- Now you can add Amaretto, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the mixture.
- See that it is mixed very well.
- Now you can shape the mixture as balls and apply the icing sugar top too.
- Now, turn to the baking tray which is preheated. Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet. See that you are leaving enough space between the cookies.
- Here you can decide on the shape of your cookies. You can have heaped or flattened cookies as you shape them. If you are flattening, use your spoon. The taste or texture will not get affected according to the shape. Anyhow, the flattened ones are crispier.
- Now, you can bake the cookies. Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes.
- The top of the cookies will be brown in color when it is baked. You can also see cracks here and there.
- Now, it is time to cool the cookies. If not cooled properly, the cookies will be brittle mad the texture won’t be nice.
- Your cookies are ready.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
- Winter or Christmas is the season of Vegan Amaretti Cookies. People widely choose these cookies for Christmas parties.
- Though Americans prefer to have Vegan Amaretti Cookies as snacks, Italians used them as dessert.
- A glass of wine is the best combination for cookies.
- The cookies are safe for 7 days if you are keeping them in an airtight container.
- You can use them for 20 days if freezing.
- Refrigerated or frozen, bring them back to the room temperature as the cookies are best at room temperature.
Know these about Vegan Amaretti Cookies…
- You can see the cookies flattened after baking. It is ok; it won’t harm the texture of your cookies.
- The cookies are healthy as they are gluten-free.
- If you don’t prefer a recipe with alcohol, there are non-alcoholic versions of Amaretti Cookies too.
- Since the cookies are safe at room temperature for 7 days, avoid refrigerating the cookies. Amaretti cookies are the best at room temperature.
- See that you are using ground almonds.
- Home-made ground almonds won’t work for cookies. So, it is best to opt for ready-made ground almonds.
- Homemade ground almonds may make your cookies flat.
- If you love eggs, you can use them in the cookies. See that you have removed the air content of the egg by whisking it properly.
Preparing Vegan Amaretti Cookies can be a different experience. Enjoy baking and serving. Be the center of attraction in your gatherings. Happy baking experience!!!