Homemade Ube Ice Cream – A Must-Try Recipe!
We have a variety of ice creams that can be made easily. Homemade Ube ice cream from the Philippines comes in purple color and is a simple ice cream you can make at home.
The flavor from Ube Powder and extracted concentrate give the Purple yam ice cream a proper taste. The creamy flavor brings a wonderful feel to your tastebuds. This recipe will help to make your own Ube ice cream at home without any effort.
All About Homemade Ube Ice Cream – It’s Really Delicious!
Ube ice cream is made from a purple vegetable root(yam) that you find in the Philippines.
Ube has a vanilla-nutty flavor, which is why people use it to make desserts. You may find the Ube added to many of the Filipino dishes, out of which the Ube Ice cream is the most famous, classic flavor that everyone likes.
First of all, milk and sugar, along with Ube are mixed, to form a paste-like substance called the Ube Halaya. This paste is what is used for all the desserts to be made, and it gives the dessert the right flavor.
The recipes made from Ube are much loved, and they can be made without the need for an ice cream maker.
Families when they have a grand event or get together will have one or two recipes made of Ube. Alternate substitutes for the Ube are Purple Sweet potato and Taro, although they have a slight difference in color and taste.
Homemade Ube Ice Cream – Must Try Recipe!
- Ube – Both Squeezed and Powdered Ube extract(¼-¾)
- Whipped Cream(¼)
- Sweetened Milk( ¼ of a can)
- Evaporated milk( 3-4 Cups)
- Vanilla Essence/Extract 1-2 spoon( for better flavor)
- Begin by taking a large bowl that can accommodate all the ingredients mentioned above
- Keep stirring it for some time until all the ingredients are dissolved as a right mixture. You can add some more cream if the concentration is more.
- After churning it enough, it's time to make room in your refrigerator where you can keep the bowl.
- Leave it and let it freeze for a few hours.
- Amount Per ServingCalories138
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Health Benefits Of Ube Or Purple Yam
- Natural plant flavor which is Highly nutritious
- Enriched with vitamin C and A
- It has anti-oxidizing properties
- Blood sugar and blood pressure levels are kept at optimal
- Helpful for asthmatic patients to improve their breathing quality
Tips And Variations
- Adding vanilla flavor could give your Ube ice cream a better and improved taste.
- Add oreo flavor or chocolate chips if you are someone who loves chocolate flavor to your Ube ice cream.
- The yam has to be boiled, and crushed before it needs to be converted into a paste or a jam form. Then, later on, you can make your favorite dessert with it, including ice creams, puddings, or bread recipes.
The Flavor Of Homemade Ube Ice Cream
In the Philippines, this is a traditional dish, a classic, an in-demand recipe that everyone prefers to have for any function. The nutty natural flavor keeps it stand out from the usual ice cream and hence a better choice when you add vanilla to it. People also use this flavor to make cakes.
How Healthy Is It?
Not just the taste, but the Ube has a list of nutrients to support better health. It is enriched with potassium, antioxidants, and vitamins A and C.
Other nutritious elements that may be essential for our body include fiber, iron, sodium, and calcium. The antioxidants found in purple yams are the anthocyanins that control oxidative stress. Since the purple yam has enough vitamin C, you can be happy that the oxidative stress caused by free radicals will be restricted.
How To Store?
Storing your homemade Ube ice cream is as simple as storing other ice creams. If there is an empty container that you can find at home, store it there.
Let it be a plastic or a container made of metal, make sure there is a cap or a lid available for the container, and add a protective layer of foil on top for better results.
Serving Of The Homemade Ube Ice Cream
You can add any of your favorite toppings available at home. Everyone has a different choice and it may differ from chocolate chips to sugar-sprinkled fruit jellies.
If there are none available, then dried raisins or blueberries would give you better color and taste too.
Also Read:- Mug Pizza: A Quick And Easy Recipe For All!