Trail mix ice cream is a wonderful experience. People’s tastes, imagination, and creativity meet here together. It is a free space. You can blend anything here.
The only condition is you should add to the ice cream’s taste, do not spoil it! If you are thinking about making homemade ice creams and feeling lazy stick to a particular recipe and ingredients as you want to spend the whole day collecting the ingredients.
You have options here. If one of the solid ingredients suits your likes, you are free to change them. The only water content of the ingredient needs to be monitored as it damages the texture.
Trail mix ice cream is so popular s it is easy to prepare. You can satisfy all your family members or friends by changing the chunky ingredients. It is used as a combination of granola, dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, apricots, apples, banana chips, nuts such as almonds or cashews, legumes like peanuts, and soybeans, chocolates of different brands, candies, etc.
The nutritional value of trial mix ice creams is very high. As long-term storage is possible, the snack makes you feel relaxed. You can substitute varieties of nutrient-rich food items to the recipes and consider them a healthy snack.
Trail Mix Ice Cream
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Ice Cream Maker
- 1 electric or hand mixer
- 4 Egg yolks
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoon Almond butter
- ¼ cup Dry milk powder
- 1 cup Whole milk
- Pretzels (chocolate covered)
- Granola (pick your favorite flavor)
- Almonds – finely chopped
- Chocolate – pick your favorite
- First of all, take the egg yolks and whisk them gently.
- Beat it until the egg yolks are velvety and soft.
- It will take about 2 minutes.
- Now, whisk in the brown sugar and honey. You have to whisk them until they turn light color.
- We are whisking them to a smoother consistency.
- Now for powdered milk into the mix and beat to blend.
- Now shift the egg and sugar mixture into a saucepan.
- Add milk and cream too.
- Heat the mix in medium-low heat until 161 degrees F. Stir to avoid burning.
- Change the heat to low once it touches 161 Degree F. The mixture will reduce its quantity. Once the expired consistency reaches, add almond butter and whisk.
- Now add the prepared mix into a plastic zip lock bag and keep it in an ice bath for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure that is cooled.
- It is the turn of ice cream makers now. Adjust it according to the manufacturer's instructions. Place your stuff in the ice cream maker.
- Add the trial mix chunks towards the end of the process. Make sure that they are finely chopped.
- Now move the ice cream to the freezer. Freeze it until thick. It may take at least 4 hours.
Serving And Storage Suggestions
- Decorate the ice cream with crunched chocolates for a fresh look.
- Choose small servings as it is a high-calorie snack.
- You can store the trail mix ice cream in the freezer for more than 6 weeks.
- See that you are keeping them in an air-tight container.
- Pretzels really add to the taste of the trail mix ice cream. As they have a chocolate-covered outer layer they won’t get pulpy.
- If you are a beginner, try with store brought pretzels.
- Break the pretzels into chunks and stir them with any avocado oil or butter.
- Freeze the trail mix overnight will provide you with perfect consistency.
- The ice cream is free from an egg base or gelatin.
When it comes to nutrition and health, it is an excellent nutrition source almond is an important ingredient. It is a rich source of magnesium, vitamin E, ad dietary fiber.
Trail Mix ice cream can be a wonderful opportunity to make your children consume almonds. It also contains calcium and phosphorus that make your bones healthy. It protects us from fractures. Trail Mix Ice creams are the favorites of cooks with a free spirit. Try the recipe and feel proud. It is going to be a great success.