S’mores mini pies are a type of sweet snack or dessert that is made using crunchy graham crackers, gooey marshmallows, and melted chocolates. It is a campfire treat that is popular in the United States and Canada.
It is always a sweet, warm, gooey, and delicious treat for kids, which makes the temptation in them. That is why it got its name “s’more” which is the short form of “some more”. There is no specific occasion to have and it can be eaten throughout the year as a snack or dessert. Many people, both the younger and older love to have it. However, kids are their great fans because it contains all the flavors they love in one pack.
S’mores Mini Pies – Soft & Sweet Pies In Easy Steps!
These pies can be made any time and anywhere as it takes less time since baking is not required. Also, these scrumptious mini pies require very few ingredients which makes it convenient for a home baker to prepare them. As it is simple and easy to prepare it is also known as easy s’mores mini pies widely. These mini s’ mores bites are fun to watch and eat and have the perfect size for the kids.
S’mores mini pies mainly consist of three portions. The first one is graham cracker crust. It makes the crunchy base of the mini pie. The middle portion is the chocolatey layer which is done using chocolate ganache. Ganache is made with baker’s dark chocolate and heavy cream.
Baker’s chocolates are available in the baker’s grocery stores. The last portion consists of the marshmallow fluff and it is the best combination with the chocolate layer. You can also add different toppings to the pie before serving like chocolate chips, chocolate bars, etc which is completely optional. We can also make s’mores hand pie using the same ingredients by making slight changes while preparing.
S’mores mini piesCourse: DessertCuisine: American, CanadianDifficulty: Easy
Ingredients(To make graham cracker crust)
Finely crushed graham crackers – 2 packets
Melted unsalted butter – 1 stick
Granulated sugar – ⅓ cup (65 g)
- To make chocolate fillings
Heavy cream – 1¼ cups (300 ml)
cubed unsalted butter – 4 tbsp
Granulated sugar – ⅓ cup (65 g)
Chopped dark chocolate – 10 oz (300 g)
Eggs – 3 complete eggs and 2 extra yolks
Marshmallows – 20 large
Foil cupcake liner – 20
Muffin pan – 1
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
- Mix the crushed graham crackers with melted butter and granulated sugar. Combine well until all the ingredients are moistened in butter.
- Place the foil cupcake liners in the muffin pan and fill half of the liner with the above graham crackers mixture. Now using a spoon or finger push down the crumbs to form the base crust.
- Bake them until it changes their color to a golden brown. It takes almost 5 to 7 minutes.
- After this keep them aside.
- The next step is preparing chocolate ganache. For this lower the oven temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit ( 140 degrees Celcius )
- In a microwave-safe bowl combine heavy cream, granulated sugar, and diced butter.
- Now microwave it for 90 to 120 seconds. (stirring it in the middle of the process)
- Now add the chopped dark chocolates and stir it until no lumps of dark chocolate are left.
- In a separate bowl whisk three eggs and two yolks. While whisking add some of the warm chocolate cream mixtures to the egg so that the egg will completely combine without scrambling.
- Now pour this egg mixture into the chocolate-cream mixture and combine both by stirring thoroughly.
- Pour this chocolate filling on the top of the graham cracker crust in the foil cupcake liners.
- Now, bake this for 15-17 minutes until the chocolate layer is just set and shakes slightly.
- At this point top, each chocolate filling with marshmallows and keep it in the broiler, and turn it on to high.
- Broil the pie until the marshmallow melts and changes its color to a golden brown. If the marshmallows change their color quickly before it melts and spreads on the entire pie, take the pan outside the broiler and let it cool for a minute. After that press on the top of the marshmallow and its gooey inside will come out and spills on the top of the entire pie.
- The delicious pies are done and ready to serve.
Storage – After they are cooled, the leftover ones can be stored in an air-tight container for up to one week. You can also freeze them and eat if you want them to last longer.
Difficulty – You can’t throw it in the oven and go. You must stay and observe each step and increase or decrease the baking time if necessary.