This easy slow cooker carbonara dish is a radical departure from the traditional preparation of the plate. Despite this, this creamy pasta sauce made in a slow cooker is likely to win over the hearts of pasta lovers everywhere. Anyone who likes a spaghetti sauce with many flavors will love the creamy version.
Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara – Try It At Least Once!
This dish has the extra advantage of satisfying the hunger needs of many individuals. Depending on how hungry individuals are and how much food they consume, this meal can feed four to six people. If you need to prepare food for a bigger group, multiply the ingredients by two and then re-cook the dish.
If you don’t have the patience to wait for a slow cooker and want a quick pasta dish that you can throw together, you can create this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara instead. Regardless of where it came from, carbonara is an Italian classic that will continue to be enjoyed by people of all ages well into the foreseeable future.
It is a well-known meal worldwide, and many people have tried to recreate it in their kitchens, but the Italians are the only ones who can do it justice! Carbonara is often described as a quick midweek meal.
Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- 250 g Bacon that has been diced
- 500 g Thigh meat from a bird, chopped
- 1 Small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoon Garlic that has been minced and finally chopped
- 200 g Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 10.1 ounces Chicken Broth
- 300 ml Thick Cream
- 2 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 250 g Cooked Pasta
- In a frying pan, brown the bacon as quickly as possible. As soon as they have cooled off a little bit, transfer them to some paper towels to drain.
- All of the ingredients—onion, garlic, sliced button mushrooms, bacon, and chicken stock should be mixed in a slow cooker if you want the most pleasing results. Make sure everything is well combined.
- Cook on low for a total of six hours.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cornstarch and the two tablespoons of water until smooth. Only then should you add the heavy cream to the slow cooker.
- The pasta needs a few additional minutes of boiling time to complete the cooking process.
- Serve, and have some fun with it!
- Chicken skin that becomes sticky and rubbery after being cooked in a slow cooker is not a tasty result. Try to avoid that.
Serving & Storing Suggestions
This slow cooker creamy chicken pasta recipe would go wonderfully with garlic bread cooked from scratch, so be sure to serve some on the side! You can choose to buy garlic bread instead of making it yourself to save some time.
Slow cooker healthy carbonara tastes best when topped with some grated parmesan cheese before being served. After the pasta has been done, sprinkle the cheese over the top of each portion. You can enhance the flavor of the pasta by stirring a quarter cup of grated parmesan cheese into the sauce before serving.
Depending on how you like your pasta cooked, you can either prepare it on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. If you intend to design it in a slow cooker, Even though pasta is the most common item that this sauce is eaten with, it may also be used with various dishes. For example, the velvety sauce is delicious when paired with a straightforward serving of steamed rice. You are free to choose anything that strikes your fancy.
Creamy chicken carbonara in a slow cooker will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days if properly refrigerated. To avoid drying out, you should eat it within a few days of cooking or the following day.