When you have that irresistible craving to eat something sweet, then the Nutella mug cake would be the ultimate choice. The main ingredient in the cake is Nutella, the mouth-watering chocolate hazelnut spread that makes it yummier. The best part is that you don’t have to spend a lot of time and bake a full cake.
Is Nutella Mug Cake A Healthy Snack To Eat?
In just a few minutes, you can prepare the easy-to-make Nutella Mug Cake. You might be more surprised to know that all you need is just 4 ingredients to prepare the yummy mug cake. For your evenings, the easy Nutella mug cake makes the perfect combination with coffee. The hard-to-resist mug cake, no doubt, will be loved by both adults and children at your home.
As you know, Nutella is the chief ingredient that makes Nutella Mug Cake tasty. The palm oil contained in Nutella is extracted directly from the palm fruit.
According to scientists, when palm oil undergoes hydrogenation, it produces trans fats that are harmful to your health. Since the palm oil contained in Nutella does not undergo hydrogenation, it is absolutely safe to consume the spread. Moreover, the FDA has classified Nutella as a dessert topping adding to its credibility.
The other 3 ingredients in the Mug Cake recipe include milk, all-purpose flour, and baking powder. Whole milk, rich in vitamins and minerals, is generally included as part of a nutritious diet.
Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- ¼ cup Whole milk (Or 2% milk)
- ¼ cup All-purpose flour
- ¼ tbsp Baking powder
- ¼ nutella
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- In a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug, mix flour, milk and baking powder. Whisk until the mixture turns out to be smooth.
- Now add Nutella to the mixture. Stir until there are no lumps left in the batter.
- Keep the microwave on high for somewhere between 45 to 60 seconds.
- Let the microwaving continue slowly in intervals of 15 seconds. Though microwaves vary, here you want the cake to appear set and dry. When you touch, it should feel springy and fluffy. Also, the edges of the cake should stay away from the side of the mug. It takes an additional time of 30 to 60 seconds.
- Serve immediately for best results.
- Amount Per ServingCalories458
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 6mg 2%
- Sodium 168mg 8%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 8g 16%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Do I Store Nutella Mug Cake?
The Mug Cake tastes best when it is served right away. Though you can assemble the ingredients a few hours before, microwave the cake just before you serve it.
If there is any leftover, cover the cake and store it in the fridge. Covering the cake with a lid or cover will save the cake from not getting too chilled. If it gets chilled, you also have to dry it out later.
Can Nutella Mug Cake Last For A Long Time?
If you prefer to leave it at room temperature, the mug cake will last for up to 1 day. If properly stored inside the fridge, the cake will last for about 1 week. However, as discussed earlier, make sure that you cover the cake with a lid or cover so that it does not get chilled. If you prefer to reheat the cake, microwave it for around 15 to 30 seconds till it gets warm.
Why Are Mug Cakes Always Soggy?
If your mug cake has turned out to be too wet, then you might have added too much milk to it. Generally, while preparing cakes, adding excess quantities of water, milk, buttermilk, or any liquid will cause the cake to become too moist. When there is too much moisture in your cake, the flour and the other dry ingredients will not be able to absorb the excess liquids, thus making it wet.
Hope you are all set to try out the yummy Nutella mug cake recipe. When the temptation to taste something sweet becomes irresistible, then this delicious mug cake would be the best choice to satiate your cravings. A major attraction is that you just need to have 4 ingredients for baking this easy Nutella Mug Cake. Unlike the other recipes that are too time-consuming, all it takes to prepare this Nutella mug cake recipe is just 7 minutes. Since both children and adults are crazy about the taste of Nutella, they would love to eat this cake along with coffee in the evenings.