The light pink color and yummy flavor of watermelon dishes always have high priority in our favorites list. Attractive and tasty pinky Homemade Sour Watermelon Candy can be can create a new wave in your living room. Family members all carve for it. Age is not at all a concern.
What are we can prepare for Homemade Sour Watermelon Candy? Then you are not worried about preservatives or toxic chemicals. You can serve them to your family and friends with confidence.
Homemade Sour Watermelon Candy – Easy Candy Recipe Must Try!
These candies are good for you. The goodness of watermelon and grass-fed gelatin makes you feel good. We never think that the homely preparation of these candies is possible. Here you go. It is easy!
The sour taste of lemon-based citric acid makes it special. It won’t be perfect on the trail. For any other candy recipe, the Homemade Sour Watermelon Candies recipe also needs to practice to attain perfection.
Don’t give up; once it is ready, it is going to be a rocking experience for you. Being praised by family members and friends may make you feel great.
Homemade Sour Watermelon Candy
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Hand or Electric Mixer
- 1 Refrigeration Pan
- 2 cup Watermelon Juice
- 5 tsp Citric Acid
- 15 tbsp Gelatin
- 3 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 ½ tsp Citric Acid
- You will get a yield of 40 to 500 candies with 2 cups of juice
- Fresh watermelon juice should be ready for preparation. A piece of watermelon can be ground to get the juice. The rinds can be discarded later. See that the juice is strained properly. 2 cups of fresh watermelon juice are needed for the recipe.
- Use a spoon to remove the white foams. See that no foam is remaining on top of the juice.
- It is time to divide the juice into two. One cup can be poured into a bowl and another cup into a saucepan.
- Now add gelatin to the juice kept in the bowl and let it dissolve. Keep aside for a few minutes.
- Let it sit until getting a solid texture.
- The most suggested gelatin is grass-fed gelatin.
- Heat the juice kept in the saucepan. No need to boil the juice.
- Now you can pour gelatin mixed juice into the bowl. Blend until the mixture the smooth.
- Now, you can add honey and lemon juice and see that it is properly combined.
- Now, shift the mixture into the molds and refrigerate it.
- Refrigerate it until it is set. It may take almost 30 minutes.
- Slice it into pieces.
- Serve it and enjoy the great delicacy.
- Coat it with granulated sugar and citric acid mix.
Serving And Storage Suggestions
- Homemade Watermelon Sour Candies can be stored at room temperature for more than one week.
- See that you are keeping them in an airtight container.
- If refrigerated, the candies are safe for more than a month.
- Freezing the candies is not recommended.
- Use fresh watermelon. See that it is freshly cut.
- See that the candies are not exposed to air as there is a possibility to get them melted.
- You can try the same recipe with grapes and pineapple too.
- See that the foams are completely removed. The presence of foams may affect getting the expected texture.
- Cut the candies into equal units. You can also use different shaped molds to gat attractive shapes.
Children love the watermelon flavor. They love any dessert or candy with watermelon flavor. The sour taste makes it special. You can have different feelings from other cliche candies.
You can substitute Sour watermelon Candies when you are bored with the typical sweet candies.
Watermelon is a healthy thing that you can suggest to anyone. Watermelon is rich in amino acids. It lowers your blood pressure. Watermelon is good for your heart too. It lowers the risk of heart attacks.
The candy has amazing nutritional value. it contains fat, cholesterol, sodium, potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fiber, sugar, protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron, and vitamin D in it. The nutrients are given in a healthy proportion.