If you are one of those people who have heard the name of the famous cookies recently- the Biscoff cookies and want to try them at home then you are at the right place.
But, before moving further, let’s know the background behind the classic tea cookies known for their buttery texture and lovely spice.
Simple Biscoff Cookies Recipe
The Biscoof cookies are the cookie behind speculoos or cookie butter, the name was first coined in 1986, but its story began in 1932 in a local bakery in Lembke, a Belgian town.
The reason behind its name is that it is a combination of biscuits and coffee.
The cookie is from the Speculaas family of cookies famous for their caramelly, crunchy, spice-forward fineness in Europe.
The Biscoff cookies recipe is perfected by carefully selecting natural ingredients.
In Austria and Germany, they are specially made around Christmas to enjoy and gift to friends and family. And in Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, they are baked and served on St. Nicholas Day to celebrate.
In Belgium, they are made with fewer spices and are known as speculoos.
Homemade Biscoff Cookies-Just 5 Ingredient!
- ¾ cup of finely ground speculoos crumbs
- ⅓ cup plus one tablespoon of water
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of golden syrup
- About 85g or 1/2 cup of refined coconut oil
- All-purpose flour or self-rising flour
- Chocolate chips– Optional.
- prepare the lotus Biscoff spread for your cookies.
- Put cookies, crumbs, water, cinnamon, and golden syrup together in a stainless steel saucier.
- Next, put the container on the stove, cook over medium heat, and constantly whisk it until the crumbs have dissolved for about 90 seconds.
- Feel the mixture between your fingertips, if it feels smooth, remove it from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a tall narrow container and stir it continuously to mix it well for about 5 minutes to cool it down.
- Move the mixture to the bowl of the food processor and add solid coconut oil. Process it until you feel it has become smooth .Your Lotus Biscoff paste for your cookies is ready.
- Now start preparing for your cookies by adding your Biscoff spread and flour into a mixing bowl and mix it until combine.
- If you are adding chocolate chips, add them to the mixture, and mix them.
- Now with your hands, roll the dough into balls. The next step is to put those balls of cookie dough onto a lined pan and press them into a cookie shape.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Take out the baked cookies from the oven and let them cool on the pan for another 10 minutes.
- The next step is to cool them completely, so carefully transfer them to a wire rack. Now your cookies are ready to eat every time. Just grab a piece anytime and let the magic explode in your mouth.
- Amount Per ServingCalories146
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 2g 4%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How Do I Store Homemade Biscoff Cookies?
Biscoff cookies are easy to store.
You can keep the remaining cookies covered at room temperature for about seven to eight days.
If you like to keep them longer, put them in the refrigerator.
Put the leftover baked cookies in a ziplock bag and store them in the freezer, and they are safe for the next six months.
How Do I Serve Homemade Biscoff Cookies?
Cookies are best served with a hot or cold beverage.
You can eat the Biscoff cookies solely whenever you crave to eat something, or you can serve yourself and others with tea, hot chocolate, milk, or coffee.
You can first chew and swallow the cookie bite before taking a sip of your beverage.
And if you want to improve the flavor of freshly baked cookies, dunk them in your beverage.
Taste is also about the aroma, so dip your cookies in milk before eating, helping the scent of the freshly baked to reach your nasal passages. And, it will be best for the taste if the milk is warm as wet aromas travel faster.
That is all, now you can happily bake your cookies for your family and friends. Remember to serve them warm beverages for better taste.
Also Read- Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins: Yummy!