Fruit sushi is a Japanese dessert snack made by combining coconut rice and seasonal fruits. Fruits like pineapple, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, kiwi, and mango are the main fruits used to prepare fruit sushi.
Fruit Sushi – The Healthy Recipe!
The cooking style of fruit sushi might vary from region to region. It is an ideal dessert snack for anyone. Usually, people consume fruit sushi after their main course. It is used as a delightful dessert snack.
It can also be served as a dessert course at functions like marriage, birthday parties, and so on. It is very cheap and tasty. No one will be disappointed with this dessert. In the past few years, fruit sushi has become one of the most recommended desserts to be served on different occasions in the whole world. In this article, you’ll get to know the health benefits of the Fruit Sushi Recipe.
Nutritional Benefits Of Fruit Sushi
Generally, fruit sushi provides 57 gm of calories per serving. The calorie ratio might differ depending on the fruits we add. Fruit sushi is considered one of the healthiest desserts in the world. It mainly consists of rice and fruits. The most fantastic part of fruit sushi is that it does not carry cholesterol. So people who have cholesterol-related diseases can also try fruit sushi. This dessert doesn’t contain extra flavors adding.
It can be prepared easily at home. Fresh fruits and rice are the only ingredients you need to prepare fruit sushi. Always remember to use fresh fruits and clean them well before preparing the dish. We can consume fruit sushi on daily bases. There are no pieces of information indicating that consuming too much fruit sushi is harmful to you.
Daily consumption will help you maintain a healthy diet and healthy life. Fruit sushi is the best option for people who concentrate on weight loss. Fruit sushi is rich in minerals, vitamins, and health-promoting compounds. Surveys show that fruit sushi has become a favorite food for humans and almost 50% of people consume fruit sushi as part of their daily healthy diet. An adult can consume up to 6 pieces of fruit sushi.
Fruit Sushi Recipe – The Perfect Dessert You’ll Actually Want to Eat!
- 300 grams of grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Fruits of your choice(pineapple, mango, raspberry, blackberry, kiwi, avocado, and strawberry)
- Take a medium pot and combine rice, water, salt, and sugar in it. Cook for 20 minutes or wait until the rice absorbs the water.
- Add vanilla and coconut milk to this mixture. cook for a few more minutes.
- Choose the fruits of your choice and cut them into long pieces.
- Place the cooked rice into a lined tray to allow it to cool down
- When the rice is cooled down place a wax sheet and spread the rice over the top. Spread the rice in a rectangular shape.
- Place the fruit pieces on rice and carefully roll them up.
- You can use mango slices or roasted coconut shreds to coat the roll.
- Slice the roll into small pieces
- You can also add strawberry or kiwi on top of that
- Prepare a dipping sauce for the sushi by blending 25 grams of raspberries with 60 ml of water.
- Amount Per ServingCalories57
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Sodium 112mg 5%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 0.9g 2%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How To Store Fruit Sushi Properly
One of the main reasons why people prefer fruit sushi is the use of fresh ingredients and compounds used to prepare it. Which makes fruit sushi vulnerable over time. At this point, we must understand the importance of the cold chain.
All the ingredients we use to prepare fruit sushi should be properly refrigerated as soon as we get them. After making our sushi we must either eat it fully or refrigerate it. You should not refrigerate fruit sushi for more than 4 days.
Also Read:- Raspberry Fruit Leather Recipe
Leaving it in for more than 4 days in the refrigerator is dangerous. It is better to eat fruit sushi right after preparing it. Also, remember that freezing fruit sushi is a good idea. Refrigerating and freezing are different in their perspectives.
Freezing your fruit sushi will make it lose its flavor and there is a great possibility that the cooked rice may not survive the freezing process. Freezing will make the fruit sushi more and more vulnerable and unable to eat. So we recommend you follow the cold chain and refrigerate it.
How Long Does Fruit Sushi Last For?
Fruit sushi can last for at least 4 days from the day it’s made. Fruit sushi has more lifespan compared to other sushi. The use of fresh fruits makes it more survival period compared to others. Keeping fruit sushi at normal room temperature will make it worse.
So in these four days, you must refrigerate it properly. Putting it back after breaking the cold chain will have no effects. The fruit sushi will decay immediately. Planning to refrigerate it later is not a good idea.