Chocolate Avocado Frosting: It’s Creamy!!
Hello dears, I am so excited to present to you my new recipe, chocolate avocado frosting. I am sure you are definitely going to try it at home because it is super easy to prepare with very few ingredients. Also, the time taken for its preparation is significantly less when compared with other recipes.
Chocolate Avocado Frosting: Prepare With Few Ingredients!
More than that it is paleo and vegan too which are gluten-free, dairy-free, and sugar-free. This chocolate avocado frosting recipe makes your frosted dishes delicious and amazingly healthy. This healthy avocado frosting has a smooth, shiny, and creamy texture and adds many nutrients to your dessert. It is very difficult to make a dessert sweetly delicious and healthy at the same time, but in this case, it is possible.
These healthy chocolate avocado cookies are going to be the all-time favorites of your kids, and they can’t resist having them as such. You also don’t want to stop them from having too much of it since it is healthy enough to be fed without regulations and does not contain extra added sweeteners.
Even though it contains healthy avocados, you will find it difficult to guess it is made of avocados so the avocado hater out there can also have them without hesitation. Apart from kids, elders will also love having them and the dishes made from them. It is completely safe for people under different health conditions as it does not contain any processed fat or preservatives. Moreover, diabetics don’t have to suppress their cravings, rather you can have them because the natural maple syrup is used as a sweetener here.
These healthy avocado frostings can be used for the frosting of your cakes, cupcakes, and brownies. The chocolate zucchini cakes and mocha fudge brownies frosted with this chocolate frosting will turn out mind-blowing. Here, no butter or buttercream is added but avocado maintains the creamy texture of the frosting. Let us go through the recipe.
Chocolate Avocado Frosting: It’s Creamy!!
- 1 Food Processor Or Blender
- 1 Spatula
- 2 (medium or large, peeled and pitted) Ripe avocados
- ½ Cup(unsweetened) Dark cocoa powder
- 6-8 Tablespoons (else any other sweetener of your choice) Pure maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon (optional) Ground cinnamon
- 2-3 Tablespoons Unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ Teaspoon Pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoon (optional) Melted coconut oil
- Add the avocado to the food processor and blend until it is well ground and becomes smooth.
- Now, add cocoa powder, maple syrup, and 2 tablespoons of almond milk or any other nut’s milk of your choice and blend it again. After a few minutes, add the remaining ingredients and blend. In between stop the blending and scrape the sides of the processor using a spatula.
- Now, blend it again until the mixture becomes creamy and smooth.
- If you find the consistency too thick, you can add a few teaspoons of almond milk and blend it again until you obtain the required consistency. Always be careful not to add too much milk as it will make the frosting runny consistency. In case, if your chocolate frosting becomes thin consistency, you can add some more cocoa powder and blend them until you obtain the required consistency.
- You can make it a little watery if you are planning to use it after storing it in the refrigerator, otherwise, accurate thickness is preferred.
- Now the frosting is done and you can frost it on cakes, cupcakes, or anything of your choice.
The chocolate avocado frosting can be kept in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for about 3-4 days. It will thicken when chilled, so you need to stir it and leave it at room temperature for a few minutes for it to soften. Even though the leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator and used for a few days with the same taste, texture-wise and color look better when used freshly prepared.
This chocolate avocado frosting goes well with lemon almond cake and apple spice cake. Almond butter brownies taste great when topped with this avocado frosting. You can use this frosting as a substitute for chocolate buttercream frosting. It is also a great substitute for coconut whipped cream.
Also Read: Layered Chocolate Mousse Pie – Garniche Pie