Cantucci, are small cookies from Tuscany. It is perfect for us while drinking a coffee tea, or it is better with sweet Marsala wine or Vin Santo.
CANTUCCI – Crispy And Crunchy!
It is also traditionally taken in Vin Santo, a Sweet Dessert wine, as they are perfect for eating and enjoying while having a tea or a coffee. It is a famous cookie in Italy. This cookie is like 3 million euros in the Tuscan region.
This cookie is exported all over the world. They are straightforward to make with super quality and less time taking. All age groups of people can eat it. People like it most, and these cookies are highly demanded.
CANTUCCICourse: CookiesCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Flour: Floor added depending on the egg size and flour you use.
Sugar: White powdered sugar
Eggs: It depends on the dough size.
Almonds are the best choice as they give extra flavor when added to the cookies.
Leavening agent and a squeeze of salt: It adds a flavor to the cookies.
- Some of the optional ingredients to be added:
Vanilla extract: As it is not a vital ingredient to be added to the recipe, it is generally suggested to add. It could also serve as an alternate for almonds.
Lemon or orange enthusiasm: it adds a citrous fruit flavor to CANTUCCI. Also, make sure that you should use unwaxed citrus fruit.
- The mixing of flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder properly. Beating x lightly and adding some dry ingredients add some extra flavor. We can also add a Vanilla extract or lemon extract and mix it with our hands to form a good dough. After preparing the dough, you can make small pieces of dough and try to roll them into the shape of a ball.
- After preparing small pieces of dough, you can mix a few tablespoons of water and an egg. It could become small sticky balls if it becomes tricky when you are following the right track of preparation.
- The addition of almonds should be well combined within the dough. They almost should be continuing fashioning when you continue to incorporate and make it a better one, even more, if you want.
- After this, you can divide the dough into three equal parts. You can also spread the floor on the surface and roll each portion into big thin logs about 2 inches (5 cm) thick and 10 inches (25 cm) long.
- If the dough is so sticky, flour can be added for dusting. It should be gently pressed and flat and buy your hand a little bit to take a proper shape.
- Then it would be best if you brushed it with a beaten egg. Then you have to bake it in preheat mode at 350 F (180C) in the oven. The baking time would be 25-30 minutes until it is slightly brown.
- After it is cooked, let it cool for 10 minutes and cut it with a sharp knife into one and a half-inch slices, which are 1.5 cm slices. Now you can place it on a baking sheet and cut it at the side and back of the CANTUCCI.
- Now you have to again bake for a second time at 350 Fahrenheit (180C) for 10 to 15 minutes. You can check if the cookies are not brown, then try it and let them bake until it turns brown. If it is still not soft and straight out of the oven, you have to cool it so that it can become complicated, crunchy, and perfect for dipping into a coffee or a tea or in Win Santo/ Marsala wine.
You can also try making many other variations:
CANTUCCI with Hazelnuts: This can be used instead of almonds.
CANTUCCI with lemons: You can use this with combined nuts.
Chocolate CANTUCCI Recipe: It also has the same recipe, but you must reduce the sugar quantity and add more chocolate chips instead of almonds to have a chocolate cantucci.
Storage of Cantucci
It can be stored in cookie jars or air-tight containers and used for a month, but it won’t last long.
How can we Serve CANTUCCI?
The best cantucci is naturally hearty and crunchy. It could be eaten with a favorite hot drink and traditionally heated with Vin Santo, a sweet Marsala wine; Passito is another sweet type of wine.