Banana Bread Brownies: Yummy For Tummy!
The banana bread brownie is a mouthwatering combination of two yummy flavors i.e. banana and bread.
What Is Banana Bread Brownie?
Here we introduce an easy banana bread brownies recipe that is customizable. Depending on your choice, change it to vegan banana bread brownies just by making some tweaks. Be it for your kid’s lunchboxes, a picnic, or a late-night treat, the easy would be the perfect choice you can think about. Loved by both children and elders, the easy banana bread brownies will captivate you by their taste for sure.
Is Banana Bread Brownies a healthy snack to eat?
If you are looking for a nutritious snack, then the healthy banana bread brownies would be the best snack. Banana, the main ingredient, is rich in antioxidants and packed with nutrients. Ranging from improving your blood sugar levels to supporting heart health and helping weight loss it offers several health benefits.
Banana Bread Brownies
- ¼ cup Coconut oil (melted), more for the pan
- 1 cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 medium Ripe bananas, divided
- ¼ cup Dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup Honey
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Flaky sea salt (for garnishing)
Now let's check out the step-by-step instructions to make the banana bread brownies
- Be ready with all the ingredients
- Keep a rack in the center of your oven and heat to a temperature of 350 F. Using melted coconut oil, lightly smear an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Now line with parchment. Make sure that the paper extends to at least one inch on two opposite sides of the pan. With melted coconut oil, thoroughly grease the parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- The next step is to mash 3 out of the 4 bananas in a large bowl.
- Add a quarter cup of melted coconut oil, honey, dark brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs to the mashed bananas. Whisk for around 2 minutes until it is well combined.
- With a silicone spatula, combine the flour mixture with the banana mixture. While mixing, make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl so that you don’t miss even a bit of the mixture. Continue mixing until it is well combined.
- Now add chocolate chips to the mixture and fold in.
- To the prepared baking dish, spoon the batter evenly. If you prefer, garnish lightly using flaky sea salt.
- Split the remaining banana into two pieces by cutting it in half, lengthwise. With the cut side up, place the split banana above the brownie batter. In a gentle manner, press it into the mixture.
- Bake for about 16 to 18 minutes. Make sure that it is puffed in places. If you insert a toothpick in the middle, it has to come out almost clean. Place the pan on a rack for about 30 minutes so that it gets cooled to room temperature.
- The last step is to pull the brownies out of the pan. For doing this, lift the parchment lining. Shift to a cutting board and cut it into 16 equal pieces. Now your banana bread brownies are ready to serve.
- Amount Per ServingCalories159
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Cholesterol 23mg 8%
- Sodium 222mg 10%
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 3g 6%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
How do I store it?
Store them in an airtight container on the countertop. Alternatively, with parchment paper, wrap them tightly and store them in a freezer bag inside your freezer. Before eating, just keep them in the microwave and have them warm.
How long do last?
If you opt to store them in an airtight container, they will last for up to 1 week. If you prefer to freeze the brownies, you can use them for up to 2 months. It’s just that you have to defrost the brownies at room temperature or microwave it for a minute before consuming them.
Hope you enjoyed reading each and every bit of the recipe. Unlike many other recipes that consume a lot of time, all it takes is just 18 minutes to make these brownies. As per your choice, you can make the brownies richer by adding chocolate, nuts, or butterscotch chips to the batter. For the topping, you can opt for peanut butter glaze or chocolate, candied pecans, some tahini, or bacon. Wish you all the best in your first attempt at making the delicious, mouthwatering banana bread brownies.
Also Read Raspberry Fruit Leather Recipe: A Delicious Snack!