Sweet dishes are loved by everyone and no one can be ever stopped from having such a delicious recipe for apricots that is an apricot cherry galette.
This is one of the preferred dishes of summer. The people who are most reluctant to sweet dishes even they can not stop themselves from having this delicious recipe of apricots and cherries. It has several health benefits because it consists of apricots and cherries.
One can experience the most deliciousness of this recipe after using fresh fruits like apricot and cherries.
These apricot cherry galettes are often served a little warm. They can be enjoyed at any time of the day whenever one wishes to freshen their mood.
This is a dish which is preferred and eaten by everyone whether children or adults.
Apricots are rich in several nutrients, they consist of vitamins A, C, and E. so they are preferred and great for health. This is the most preferred dish of summer. When the season of fruits arrives these apricot cherry galettes are prepared using several fresh fruits.
However, there is no special occasion to make the delicious apricot cherry galette recipe but you can make your summer festivals great after making this delicious dish. You can also try them at your birthday parties and any other get-together with your friends. You can also make your children happy by giving them this delicious recipe.
Apricot Cherry Galette
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 6 to 8 tbsp of ice water
- 1 ½ pound Apricots, cut into wedges
- 1 pound sweet cherries, halved
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 pinch Pinch of salt
- 1 no large egg, whisked properly
- 1 tbsp Coarse sanding sugar
- Pulse flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, and salt in a food processor until mixed. Pulse in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse grain.
- 6 tablespoons ice water, equally drizzled Pulse until the dough stays together when squeezed between your fingers (consistency should not be wet or sticky). If it's too dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time while pulsing.
- Form into a disc, cover in plastic wrap, and chill for 1 hour or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Combine the apricots, cherries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a large mixing basin.
- Roll out dough to a 15-inch circle on a lightly floured piece of parchment paper. Fill a 10-inch pie plate halfway with the filling and place the crust on top.
- Fold the crust's edges inward, overlapping if necessary. Brush the edges of the dough with egg wash and sanding sugar. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until it becomes hard.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit, with racks in the center and bottom. On the lower rack, place a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes on the middle rack until the crust is brown and the liquids are bubbling in the center. Tent with foil if the crust is browning too soon.
- Allow cooling for at least 2 hours before serving on a wire rack. The pie can be kept for up to one day at room temperature.
Serving and Storing Suggestions
- The Apricot and cherry galette recipe is such a delicious and flavorful recipe that it is complete in itself, however, some people love to eat it in different ways.
- Apricot cherry galette has a complete sweet taste but it is often loved to have after drizzling a small amount of granulated sugar over it.
- It can be eaten at any time of the day, whenever cravings to have something delicious arise.
- Apricot cherry galette is often served with a scoop of ice-cream
Apricot cherry galette, however, should be eaten fresh but if leftover can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
It can however be stored for a longer run by wrapping it in foil paper and keeping it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
However, they taste so well when eaten fresh.
If kept in the fridge make sure to wrap them properly using foil paper so that their taste does not deteriorate by storing them.
Also, Read Blueberry Icebox Pie – Delicious Eat!