This month I’ve got even more delicious foods to share with you, so buckle up and I hope you’re hungry!
Avocado Toast – ok, so I’m definitely not the first one to do this. No, sir. I’ve seen it on billions of other blogs, most of which with pictures far better than the one above. Well, let me just tell you, there is definitely a reason for the popularity. Though simple, mashed avocado on toast is sooo good. So good. It makes a great snack, lunch, dinner, breakfast. You name it! I like having it on a sandwich thin (pictured above) or a piece of P28 bread, if I want to up the protein a bit. It’s also really good if you add a bit of orange muscat vinegar before mashing. Trust me, I’ve been eating this stuff non stop.
If you’d like to go drool, here are some of the blogs that I was talking about that have already shared their love for avocado toast:
- Cookie and Kate: An Ode to Avocado Toast
- A Cup of Jo: The Best Avocado Toast You’ll Ever Have
- Marth Stewart (does that count as a blog?): Tomato Avocado Toasts
- Brown Sugar Apple, Wheat Berry Yogurt Parfaits – Wheatberries for breakfast? No, I haven’t tried it, but the pictures are absolutely mouthwatering and I can totally see wheatberries working beautifully in a sweet recipe. Sort of like a chewy granola, maybe. And brown sugar + apples is always a plus.
- Lemony Wheat Berries with Roasted Brussel Sprouts – Yum. Yum yum yum yum yum. This recipe right here is a keeper. Its lemony, it’s Brussels sprout-y, it’s just plain good. I tried it, I loved it, end of story.
- Wheat Berries with Charred Onions and Kale – Kale! Charred Onions! Wheat Berries! This dish sounds like heaven to me. I haven’t gotten around to trying it yet, but I definitely will soon. It sounds way too good to pass up, that’s for sure.
Mandarin Orange Spice Tea – There is no doubt that I love tea. I drink it everyday, sometimes more than once. Herbal flavors are my favorite, and the Mandarin Orange Spice flavor from Celestial Seasonings is especially tasty. It does have an orange-y flavor, not as much as orange juice or anything, but what I love most is the spice. It’s a mix of all these warming spices as far as I can tell and it makes me feel so cozy when I’m curled up with a steaming mug. I’ve found that the mandarin orange flavor is pretty good to add to foods as well. It provides a bright punch of flavor. I add the leaves to oatmeal, soup, and muffins. You could also make a bread like this one, with the Mandarin Orange flavor and I’m sure it would be great.
Revisited Recipe of the Day:
Peanut Butter Rice Crispies
March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day. The recipe above is super quick and a great way to celebrate. You can also just type peanut butter into the search again in the upper left. That’ll give you a whole bunch of recipes to choose from!