Recipe ReDux – Blueberry Yogurt Breakfast (or Brunch) Cake
I was swimming in yogurt (and partly still am). I decided I needed to get baking, and soon. And what better way to make a dent in my yogurt supply than using it to make this months Recipe Redux recipe?
The theme this month was healthier brunch dishes, and I’ll be honest and say I know practically nothing about brunch. It’s not really something we take part in often at my house, so I was pretty clueless about what exactly to make. The yogurt spurred my creativity though, and soon I knew I wanted to make a light cake.
The result was a delicious Blueberry Yogurt Cake that’s healthy enough for breakfast or brunch, but tasty enough for dessert too. It uses only oat flour as well, so providing you use gluten free oats, the cake is also gluten free!
Now, to figure out how to use all the rest of my yogurt!
Blueberry Yogurt Breakfast Cake
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make your own by grinding rolled oats to a fine flour in a coffee grinder or blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup date paste (there’s a good tutorial on how to make it here)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/4 vanilla greek yogurt (again I used Chobani)