My Favorite KItchen Appliance + Brownie Mix Cookies (Recipe Redux)
Can you believe Christmas is in 4 days?
I can’t. I swear time has never moved as fast as it has this year.
If you’re like me, and feel like Thanksgiving was just yesterday, you’re probably scrambling to bake your cookies, buy your gifts, and just plain get into the holiday spirit. It may seem like a tough job, but don’t worry, I’ve got you covered.
Freaking out about last minute gifts?
This months Recipe Redux theme is your favorite kitchen gadget/appliance. The idea is that hearing about what other people love will inspire gifts for all of your foodie friends. (Be sure to check out the link-ups at the bottom of this post for more gift ideas!)
Well, my favorite kitchen appliance is hands down my food processor. I absolutely adore it, and use it all the time. In fact, it’s probably featured in nearly half of the recipes on this blog. I have a Cuisnart and it’s 10+ years old, but still works like I got it months ago. Like I said before, I LOVE it. It’s perfect for dips, secret ingredient recipes, nut butters, and a ton of other stuff. I am never at a loss for uses for my Cuisnart! I know it’s a bit of a pricey gift, but it is worth it. I can say that without a doubt.
I mean, c’mon, it makes yummy food! That’s got to be worth something!
And speaking of yummy food, here’s how you solve your cookie baking (or lack of cookie baking) dilemma.
You make cookies… in your food processor (you can also make them without a food processor). This delicious recipe for Brownie Mix Cookies only uses 3 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time.
It’s perfect for bringing to a party too, because it makes a big batch without a lot of effort or anyone being able to tell you didn’t put a lot of effort in. And did I mention the result tastes simply fantastic? ‘Cause it does. A brownie and a cookie all mashed into one, or four if you consider the amount you’ll actually eat. Good thing these cookies are like 10x healthier than most Christmas cookies, right? I think I forgot to mention that too.
Brownie Mix Cookies
(makes roughly 45 cookies)
- 1 flax “egg” (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 bag of your favorite brownie mix (I used Triple Chocolate Ghirardelli)
- 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt (I haven’t tried fat-free, but it may work)
As for getting into the holiday spirit, here are some things I reccommend:
- Bundling into multiple hats, jackets, and gloves even when the weather doesn’t require it
- Humming along to Christmas carols for hours on end and annoying everyone around you
- Purchasing any and all things that have reindeers, candy canes, and/or the colors red and green on them
- Eating lots of cookies (brownie ones perhaps)
- Eating more cookies
- Buying Christmas wrapping paper
- And, last but not least, taking a second to take a look around you, and appreciate everything you’re lucky enough to have!
Revisited Recipe of the Day:
Crazy Ingredient Brownies