I think this is the third peanut butter recipe I’ve posted in a row. Oops? I could say that I’m sorry, but that would be a lie. I just really, really love peanut butter. And I know I’m not alone in that.
Besides, what’s not to love? Salty, sweet, crunchy, smooth. Whatever your preference, peanut butter is one of the best foods in this world. So why not post about it in every recipe?
All joking aside, I will try to add some variety in the coming months, but, for the time being, if something ain’t broken, why fix it, right? At least that’s my opinion on the issue.
Today I’m bringing you some frosted peanut butter cookies. Admittedly, they’re not the prettiest things to look at, but they’re pretty darn good, so I hope you’ll forgive the sub-par presentation.
But, honestly, how can you go wrong with peanut butter anyway?
Enjoy! And happy summer!
Frosted Peanut Butter Cookies
1 2/3 cup spelt flour
½ cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter (I used crunchy because it was what I had on hand)
½ cup applesauce
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave in 15 second intervals until drippy. Mix until combined. Add applesauce, milk, and vanilla, and mix to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until completely combined.
- Form dough into 1 tablespoon balls and then press into a flat cookie shape. Place on an uncreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 min. Remove from over and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey with the same method as above. Add milk and stir until a creamy frosting has formed. Once cookies have cooled, spread frosting on top and enjoy. Store in fridge.
The Smart Cookie
See you next time!