These cookies are super simple, yet delicious all the same. Hearty oats, a subtle sweetness and tons of cranberries and melty chocolate in every bite.
When I first made these, I deemed them breakfast cookies. However, as soon as my mom tasted one, she informed me, with great seriousnesss, that these cookies are not breakfast cookies. They are most definitely ‘anytime’ cookies. To withhold these cookies at all times other than breakfast would be a crime, they’re so good.
I have to say, once I ate a cookie myself I had to agree. And so did the rest of my family as we finished the batch off for dessert, snack, and yes, breakfast.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup dry sweetener of choice (that measures like sugar)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried and sweetened cranberries
- 1 egg or egg substitute (i.e. 1 flax “egg”)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- If necessary, up to 1/3 cup milk/water
Happy eating everyone!