It’s july and the weather is finally heating up.
As a result, I’ve been trying to use my oven as little as possible. No-bake desserts are great on hot days, and they tend to be super easy as well.
The recipe I’m sharing today is a perfect example. It requires very few ingredients, about ten minutes of work, and it’s super delicious.
I’ll break it down for you:
One layer of creamy, melt in your mouth, peanut butter cereal bar. Use any cereal you like, throw in some PB, some honey, mix it up, and you’re good to go. That’s it.
And then the chocolate. It’s thick, and rich, and smooth, and you probably have all of the ingredients you need in your kitchen already.
You know what that means? You’re just one step closer to a great summer dessert.
Enjoy the weather, everyone!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
For Cereal Layer:
3 cups cereal of your choice (I used Chex and Cheerios)
1/2 cup peanut buter
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
For Chocolate Layer:
1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup chocolate, melted
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Measure cereal into a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla. Microwave in periods of 15 seconds, stirring after each time, until mixture is drippy and smooth.
- Add peanut butter mixture to cereal, and mix until all cereal is coated with peanut butter.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan, and press into an even layer.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.
- Mix until completely combined, stopping to scrape down to the sides of the machine as possible.
- When smooth, spread the chocolate into an even layer on top of the cereal layer.
- Place in freezer until chocolate is hard, then slice into squares and return to freezer. Bars will keep in freezer for one month.
The Smart Cookie