Chocolate and Peanut Butter. No matter how you pair the two, the result is delicious. I’ve done bars, brownies, cookies, and balls (yes, this is shameless advertising). And now, it’s time to let cake take center stage.
This cake is so rich it doesn’t need frosting.. but a little peanut butter doesn’t hurt!
Made with NO oil, NO butter, and NO white flour or sugar, this recipe is also great for those of us who are trying to stay healthy. And on top of that, there are no crazy ingredients. If you bake often, you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
So if you have a chocolate craving, a peanut butter craving, or a plain old cake craving, get baking! In less than two hours, you could be digging into a slice of this rich and delicious dessert.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
1 cup spelt flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup cane sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/4 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup agave syrup (or honey)
1/4 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8 in circular pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, yogurt, agave, and peanut butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 min, until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing and serving. Top with peanut butter or another frosting if desired.
The Smart Cookie
Have a good day everyone!