Mine’s going pretty good… probably cause I just ate one of the best blondies of my life.
It was gooey and chocolatey and super thick and I loved it. And then I remember that it was actually somewhat healthy. And I was like, whaaaat? Because that blondie really didn’t taste healthy.
Like, at all.
And then I realized that those blondies I made were really making my weekend awesome. And that they could even make a Monday awesome. Serious Blondie power right there.
So then I decided that I should really share the awesome recipe with you all. And then I figured out that I was really not in the mood for quality writing. So I just threw some words together and managed to use the word “and” no less than ten times. No really, I counted.
Sorry about that guys. This recipe will make up for it, though.
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 cup spelt flour (all purpose is ok too)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp sugar (brown, white, turbinado, etc)
- 170 grams tofu
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp date paste (this can be replaced with honey or maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place all wet ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Scoop batter into pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before slicing into 16 squares.
Despite my awful writing skills in this post, you really have to make these. They’re amazing x100!
Revisited Recipe of the Day:
Mousse Frosted Chocolate Chip Cake