Now, everyone who just wrinkled their nose, or thought “ew”, Stop (you know, unless you’re allergic or something).
Celery is awesome. It’s fresh, crunchy, super healthy, and has a really great green color.
Ok, hopefully you’re aboard the celery bandwagon now. And if you are, you’re probably asking one question:
How the heck do I use this amazing vegetable?
Well, i’m going to give you five ways.
- Celery is great on it’s own! It can satisfy the crunch you’re craving while being way healthier than the potato chips you way be used to. It’s also a great thing to snack on when you’re on a diet because it has practically no calories at all.
- If plain celery doesn’t have a strong enough taste for you, then try it with peanut butter. You can pack in a protein punch while still being nutritious. Peanut butter also makes celery a more substantial snack. You can even try celery with peanut butter and raisins to have the ever popular ants on a log.
- I think my favorite way to have celery is in salads. Whether it’s the basic salad, with lettuce and tomatoes, or something fancier like one containing a grain, celery instantly brightens a dish and adds a much needed crunch without overwhelming the original flavor.
- This one sort of connects back to number 3, but have you tried celery in tuna salad? It’s yummy! I almost always add it when I eat tuna.
- Many soup recipes call for celery. It may not seem like the typical ingredient, but believe me if you look, it comes up everywhere! That means it must taste good, right?